+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Translation - electronic or hard copy?

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
IRCC recently requested I send an updated police certificate from the Czech Republic with a certified translation. As I'm currently living in South Korea, I need to go to the consulate in Seoul to get the document, which is only in Czech. There are no Czech translators in Korea, so I need to hire someone located in Canada. IRCC have requested that I upload the document via the online system when it is completed. Since this is the case, I'm wondering if I need to wait for the hard copy of the translation to arrive from Canada, or if a PDF from the translator with an electronic stamp and signature will be sufficient. Obviously, it's faster not to contend with international mail, especially at a time like this. The translator is a certified one in Canada (Manitoba).

Thanks for any info.

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
IRCC recently requested I send an updated police certificate from the Czech Republic with a certified translation. As I'm currently living in South Korea, I need to go to the consulate in Seoul to get the document, which is only in Czech. There are no Czech translators in Korea, so I need to hire someone located in Canada. IRCC have requested that I upload the document via the online system when it is completed. Since this is the case, I'm wondering if I need to wait for the hard copy of the translation to arrive from Canada, or if a PDF from the translator with an electronic stamp and signature will be sufficient. Obviously, it's faster not to contend with international mail, especially at a time like this. The translator is a certified one in Canada (Manitoba).

Thanks for any info.
Now that I think about it, I guess another option is to request that the translator print the translation, sign and stamp it by hand, and then scan a copy of that and email it to me. Then, I can just upload that to the IRCC website. That's exactly what they'd be getting from me anyway. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 981115

What did you end up doing?
Now that I think about it, I guess another option is to request that the translator print the translation, sign and stamp it by hand, and then scan a copy of that and email it to me. Then, I can just upload that to the IRCC website. That's exactly what they'd be getting from me anyway. Am I missing something?