+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC second time

BRDesai

Aug 8, 2013
Hi,
Can some one help me out?
I have included my original PCC from India with my application, which is not expired. Still I got another request for Police Clearance Certificate after medical request. Do I need to send a scan copy of PCC, which I have mailed before or I need to get another certificate. I am worried because to get another Police certificate, my time will be wasted and my file will be delayed. Seniors please help.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
PCC cannot be more than 3 months old at the time you submitted your application. (Expiration date does not matter to CIC).

if you are certain it was valid, you could send an inquiry (attach the scan), sometimes there's an error. Sometimes they just get lost. Chances are you'll need to get a new one, so the sooner you get started, the less time is wasted.

BRDesai

Aug 8, 2013
jes_ON said:
PCC cannot be more than 3 months old at the time you submitted your application. (Expiration date does not matter to CIC).

if you are certain it was valid, you could send an inquiry (attach the scan), sometimes there's an error. Sometimes they just get lost. Chances are you'll need to get a new one, so the sooner you get started, the less time is wasted.
Thank you Jes,
It is only one month old when I apply, I will send a scan copy of old one by email and also by the time get new one and resend it.

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
BRDesai said:
Thank you Jes,
It is only one month old when I apply, I will send a scan copy of old one by email and also by the time get new one and resend it.
Hi BRDesai,

I also got PCC request for the second time. I sent PCC after getting AOR.
Did you contact CIC for this? Did you send the scan copy to the same email which was sent asking for PCC?>

Regards
Venugopal

vithush

Jun 14, 2012
I was wondering, does CIC usually send requests for additional information by email or by regular mail?
Also, after requesting an additional document, what kind of a deadline do they give? Is it 60 days after the request?
Thanks!

BRDesai

Aug 8, 2013
venugopalt said:
Hi BRDesai,

I also got PCC request for the second time. I sent PCC after getting AOR.
Did you contact CIC for this? Did you send the scan copy to the same email which was sent asking for PCC?>

Regards
Venugopal
Hi,
Yes, I send scan copy of PCC to CIC and it is on the same email CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca. I did not get any response from them yet.

BRDesai

Aug 8, 2013
vithush said:
I was wondering, does CIC usually send requests for additional information by email or by regular mail?
Also, after requesting an additional document, what kind of a deadline do they give? Is it 60 days after the request?
Thanks!
It is according to your application, whichever you have preferred, email or mail. They give deadline of 60 days generally!

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
BRDesai said:
It is according to your application, whichever you have preferred, email or mail. They give deadline of 60 days generally!
I sent my scan copy of the PCC and the Canada Post Delivery Confirmation to CIC. Still no response.
Did you get any response?

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
You would have to do a fresh PCC and send them the new one by post.
If you need more time, you would have to notify CIC of the circumstances.
RCMP might be needed for you as well if u are in Canada less than 10 years or since 17 whichever is earlier.

sh789

May 30, 2014
Hi Venugopal & BrDesai

I am november 2013 application. I have similar situation like your. I have been requested to submit original PCC.
But i already submitted them after i received the AOR. And in GCMS notes it says Original PCC received..I also replied to CPC on the same mail with these details and i am waiting for their reply..

Could you please let me know what happened to ur case??

minu23

Feb 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is just a guess which I read in our forum.. Did you guys travel out after sending PCC. Some people got PCC request even though it was valid in such situations.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
the common thread among all these requests is that the PCCs were not included with the original application. Of course you are allowed to submit them later, but there seems to be either a substantial time lag for PCCs sent later to be integrated with the file, or the VOs are simply looking at the original file and not checking updates. It would seem to indicate that it's less hassle if you submit the PCC with the application....

In any case, you should communicate with CIC, and probably start the process of obtaining a new PCC, just to cover all bases.

BTW - I didn't mean to suggest that CIC would accept a scan of a PCC in lieu of the actual PCC. Just that if you receive a request for a PCC that you have already submitted, you should email CIC with the information about when it was submitted (proof of delivery is good), along with a scan if you have it...

rohitvny

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
Hi Experts,

Have a doubt, in my initial FSW application I included the orginal police certificate both for myself and my wife.

Yesterday I received a mail from Delhi office asking me to pay Landing fee and submit the pcc.

My question is this just a template or they are specifically asking me to submit one more time ?

Because I already included in my application why are they asking me to submit pcc again ?

Thanks..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rohitvny said:
Hi Experts,

Have a doubt, in my initial FSW application I included the orginal police certificate both for myself and my wife.

Yesterday I received a mail from Delhi office asking me to pay Landing fee and submit the pcc.

My question is this just a template or they are specifically asking me to submit one more time ?

Because I already included in my application why are they asking me to submit pcc again ?
Depends on when you submitted your application. CIC generally considers PCCs to be valid for 1 year, so if it has taken more than 1 year to process the file, CIC can request new PCCs.