+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC - requirement

Garry1988

May 20, 2018
I had overstayed my visitor visa in the UK for 3 years and returned to my home country voluntarily on 26 nov 2008. i have a criminal history,i was arrested for drink and disorder and possession of carrying an offensive weapon but i was let off from magistrate's court with a fine(court papers are not available with me).

1- Its been 9.5 years since i have returned to my home country ,I am now planning for EE so do i need to mention all this in the application or shall i wait for 10 years period to complete before applying so that i would not have to produce the PCC for the UK (since 10 years in existing country completes in Nov 2018).

Please advise so that i may proceed with my EE application.

Regards.
Garry

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I had overstayed my visitor visa in the UK for 3 years and returned to my home country voluntarily on 26 nov 2008. i have a criminal history,i was arrested for drink and disorder and possession of carrying an offensive weapon but i was let off from magistrate's court with a fine(court papers are not available with me).

1- Its been 9.5 years since i have returned to my home country ,I am now planning for EE so do i need to mention all this in the application or shall i wait for 10 years period to complete before applying so that i would not have to produce the PCC for the UK (since 10 years in existing country completes in Nov 2018).

Regards.
Garry
I would say, wait for 10 years to complete. Lesser documents, lesser issues. (only my opinion)

Reactions: Garry1988

medwiz

May 25, 2014

Regards.
Garry
Police certificate is required for any country you lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 18..regardless how long ago that was..so I think you will need a UK police certificate anyway...
I think criminal inadmissablity is for more serious offences then the ones you are describing so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you...also overstaying the visa hopefully won't be an issue too since you left voluantarily anyway

Go for the application and hopefully should be fine..

Garry1988

May 20, 2018
Police certificate is required for any country you lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 18..regardless how long ago that was..so I think you will need a UK police certificate anyway...
I think criminal inadmissablity is for more serious offences then the ones you are describing so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you...also overstaying the visa hopefully won't be an issue too since you left voluantarily anyway

Go for the application and hopefully should be fine..
Many thanks for your advise. I feel more confident now.

Do i need to get the PCC before i apply and do i need any court order papers for later stage?

Last edited:

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Many thanks for your advise. I feel more confident now.

Do i need to get the PCC before i apply and do i need any court order papers for later stage?
You can apply online here
https://www.acro.police.uk/acro_std.aspx?id=67

I did mine and it was quite quick maybe 2 or 3 weeks ..so do your EE profile first and get an invitation

As for the court papers I really don't know..look at the website or u can email them for more information

Garry1988

May 20, 2018
You can apply online here
https://www.acro.police.uk/acro_std.aspx?id=67

I did mine and it was quite quick maybe 2 or 3 weeks ..so do your EE profile first and get an invitation

As for the court papers I really don't know..look at the website or u can email them for more information
Sure. i will create EE profile and wait for the invitation.Though i have looked at a few links to retrieve court papers, let's see how that goes.