+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC requirement for last 10 years or since 18 as per new rules

is82pk

Jan 11, 2018
Dear experts..

I am 38 years old. born in April 1981

As per new PCC rules, PCC is required for last 10 years since the age of 18 ( applicable since March 2018)

I got a PCC from my home country which covers well last 10 years but it starts from 2002 when I was 21 year old. would CIC reject my application. I am PNP candidate so it will be disaster if I get rejection. cuz province might not shift my nomination to new profile. I am July 2018 AOR. still Medicals not passed.

Referring below I find some relief but still too much tense.

http://askkubeir.com/changes-to-pcc-requirement-19th-march-2018/

waiting your expert opinions.
rgrds
My case is almost identical as yours, I also moved back to Saudi in 2008 and my Pakistan PCC stay period covers only last 10 years. I submitted my application on 20-July but soon after checking different forums, I realized that PCC is required from age 18 onward so I sent my original PCCs back to Pakistan and had them amended to cover complete time since I turned 18. I received the updated PCCs on 31-July and sent them to IRCC through CSE (Webform). I'm not sure if they'll accept the new certificate but I have seen some people succeed in doing so. I would recommend you do the same if possible and not take any chances.

Let me know how things go for you and if you receive any update from IRCC. Wish you all the best!

MALIK_2018

Jan 18, 2018
My case is almost identical as yours, I also moved back to Saudi in 2008 and my Pakistan PCC stay period covers only last 10 years. I submitted my application on 20-July but soon after checking different forums, I realized that PCC is required from age 18 onward so I sent my original PCCs back to Pakistan and had them amended to cover complete time since I turned 18. I received the updated PCCs on 31-July and sent them to IRCC through CSE (Webform). I'm not sure if they'll accept the new certificate but I have seen some people succeed in doing so. I would recommend you do the same if possible and not take any chances.

Let me know how things go for you and if you receive any update from IRCC. Wish you all the best!

I also did the same today, PCC has been amended , tomorrow my bro will get it attested by FO and I'll raise CSE by Saturday with some explanation.... lets see.....

is82pk

Jan 11, 2018
No movement till now..
Any movement on your application? Did you get any response to your CSE? In my case I didn't receive any reply for CSE other than the automated reply.

On 10-Aug my background check status changed to "Your application is in progress..." and on 11-Aug review of medical results changed to "You passed the medical exam" since then there is no other update. I also received an email from CIC on 11-Aug saying my application has been updated. I was expecting my application to have been rejected but when I logged in, there was no change in the status. Haven't seen any other change since then. I'm not sure what all this means and whether they have accepted the new PCC or not and if the completeness check has completed or not.

MALIK_2018

Jan 18, 2018
hi there,

yeah I also passed medicals and now in IP1( under process).

The email you received was probably for medical passed but as you already checked the message through you IRCC account, so the notification disappeared in the account however email triggered as normal process.

Refusal is very less likely due to our PCC issue. anyways fingers crossed.

Good luck.

MALIK_2018

Jan 18, 2018
@is82pk

any update on your file?

I got IRCC email for receipt of CSE and that they have forwarded the new documents to relevant authority.

The application status is still in process. no development since medical passed.

is82pk

Jan 11, 2018
@is82pk

any update on your file?

I got IRCC email for receipt of CSE and that they have forwarded the new documents to relevant authority.

The application status is still in process. no development since medical passed.
Few days back I also received the same email. Status is same "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" (IP1). I guess it will take some time, maybe even months for the file to move forward. I think at this stage the chances of application being rejected because of PCC are quiet slim. Let's hope things move smoothly going forward. Wish you all the best.

is82pk

Jan 11, 2018
File moved to London Office.. I heard London office is pretty slow in processing the cases.. I wonder based on what criteria they allocate the Visa offices...

anyways how's your application going on?
How did you find out your Visa office? I have no idea about my application, the last update was about medicals passed and the application is under process (IP1). Background check still not started.

MALIK_2018

Jan 18, 2018
How did you find out your Visa office? I have no idea about my application, the last update was about medicals passed and the application is under process (IP1). Background check still not started.
I sent to ircc a copy my daughter’s renewed passport in september first week. Last week they acknowleged it and mentioned that the application is under process in london..
Status is ip1 since august.