+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Request from IRCC

anwar310

Jan 25, 2022
Dear Forum members,

I have received a letter today from IRCC regarding requesting " Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate - updated from India ". This is due to delay in the processing due to COVID. I have stayed in 2 more countries for more then 6 months earlier and have submitted their PCC at the time of the application. So does this request mean I have to redo the PCC of those countries as well as INDIA? Since the application I haven't gone back to any of the countries and have been in India only. I would request your suggestions and experiences on the same. I would appreciate an early response as the deadlines are tight please.

journeyman19

Jun 28, 2022
Dear Forum members,

I have received a letter today from IRCC regarding requesting " Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate - updated from India ". This is due to delay in the processing due to COVID. I have stayed in 2 more countries for more then 6 months earlier and have submitted their PCC at the time of the application. So does this request mean I have to redo the PCC of those countries as well as INDIA? Since the application I haven't gone back to any of the countries and have been in India only. I would request your suggestions and experiences on the same. I would appreciate an early response as the deadlines are tight please.
Hi, I am in similar boat, wanted to know how long before you got this Request letter from IRCC for Police Clearance?

anwar310

Jan 25, 2022
Hello, we had to wait almost 2 years as everything was on halt due to ongoing pandemic. It seems PCC from other countries for the second time wasn't required and they are only concerned about getting updated one from the country you are currently staying. Anyways, we still submitted all the updated PCCs. Ofcourse, we missed the deadline but we submitted LOE seeking extension. At this stage everything went well and we have received COPR. Planning to leave the country soon.

journeyman19

Jun 28, 2022
Hello, we had to wait almost 2 years as everything was on halt due to ongoing pandemic. It seems PCC from other countries for the second time wasn't required and they are only concerned about getting updated one from the country you are currently staying. Anyways, we still submitted all the updated PCCs. Ofcourse, we missed the deadline but we submitted LOE seeking extension. At this stage everything went well and we have received COPR. Planning to leave the country soon.
Thanks Anwar, good luck!

Stefay

Jan 8, 2021
Hello
How many weeks it took to get a decision on f your case? After submitting new PCCs

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
I have received a letter on 15/03/23 from IRCC regarding requesting " Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate - updated from India ". I have stayed in Canada more than 6 months and have submitted Indian PCC only at the time of the application. The deadline was also 15th of Mar'23 so I have submitted UAE PCC because my country of residence is UAE now. Do I also need Canadian PCC?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have received a letter on 15/03/23 from IRCC regarding requesting " Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate - updated from India ". I have stayed in Canada more than 6 months and have submitted Indian PCC only at the time of the application. The deadline was also 15th of Mar'23 so I have submitted UAE PCC because my country of residence is UAE now. Do I also need Canadian PCC?
Depends upon you, atleast I submitted it. Some would suggest not needed so your call.

Toyesh

Jan 8, 2023
Hi, I am in the same situation as you. Did you submit a Canadian PCC or do need to submit one?

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
Hi, I am in the same situation as you. Did you submit a Canadian PCC or do need to submit one?
No, I didn't only India & UAE. I received GCMS notes where they mentioned they need Indian PCC from Indian Police Authority but I submitted PCC which I got from Indian Embassy Dubai.