+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC question. Please help.

swteak

Feb 17, 2021
SK, Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi. I am a citizen of Country X. At the point of applying for PNP, I was 30-year-old.

I stayed in Country A from the age of 12~17.
And when I turned 18 in Country A, I stayed for additional 2 months and left. (I turned 18 on Apr 30, 2008, and left Country A on July 6, 2008).
After few years, I went back to Country A for travel, which was for 5 days only.
I was still asked to provide PCC for Country A by IRCC last month. I sent them a query via the webform about this matter, but still not hearing from them yet.

Do you think I have a chance of not submitting the PCC by explaining the above?
Did anyone go through a similar case of mine?

I really hope the IRCC will rationally understand this matter.

Please help. Thanks.

canadian-gentleman

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Do you think I have a chance of not submitting the PCC by explaining the above?
No, you need to provide the PCC. The six months rule only applies to upfront PCCs.

If the officer asks for a PCC as an additional document request then you must get it. Explaining that you think you shouldn't need to get it on a technicality won't work.

swteak

Feb 17, 2021
SK, Canada
Category........
PNP
No, you need to provide the PCC. The six months rule only applies to upfront PCCs.

If the officer asks for a PCC as an additional document request then you must get it. Explaining that you think you shouldn't need to get it on a technicality won't work.
Thanks for your feedback.

It's been almost a month since my query to the webform, so I guess I will be receiving their official answer very soon (I think it takes about a month to get the webform feedback nowadays). I will share their answer here for sharing purposes.

canadian-gentleman

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
If I were in your shoes I would apply for the PCC as soon as possible. Then upload a letter of explanation to the IRCC portal to ask for an extension, with proof that you applied for the PCC (for example by attaching the payment receipt, PCC application form, etc.).

Missing PCCs are the main reason for rejection - there are many threads on that topic on this forum. The fact that you didn't receive a response to your webform is IRCC's way of saying that they don't accept your explanation. You simply need to provide the PCC or your application will almost certainly be rejected.

I hope you get a lenient officer, but I wouldn't bet on it. Best of luck!

swteak

Feb 17, 2021
SK, Canada
Category........
PNP
Thanks again. I might as well go apply for the PCC as per your suggestion. Its deadline is till Apr 19, as I was given 90 days to prepare. Thanks.

canadian-gentleman

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
I so adamantly responded to your question because I was in a similar situation that included: several short stays in a country that added up to less than six months, an additional document request for a PCC, and an unanswered webform about that PCC request... Getting my PCC was very challenging (difficulty level: small developing country during a pandemic) but I am now a happy permanent resident.

I am glad to hear you still have time to apply. Fingers crossed!

swteak

Feb 17, 2021
SK, Canada
Category........
PNP
Oh I see. That makes all this more convincing. Getting the PCC from country A usually takes about 3 weeks. By the way, when the deadline is Apr 19, does it mean as long as I submit the PCC before Apr 19, it is okay? Or does IRCC need to open my document message before Apr 19? (If this is the case, I guess I have to submit a month ahead the deadline to give the IRCC time to open it.

If you have a knowledge about it, please kindly share. Thanks!

canadian-gentleman

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
You can upload the PCC in the document section of your account until the day of the deadline (Ottawa time). That upload will go directly to the officer without delay.

If you submit your PCC via webform then an agent will view your webform several days later and then attach your PCC to your application with a delay of a few days.

swteak

Feb 17, 2021
SK, Canada
Category........
PNP
I have to submit it via webform. Hopefully, the delay won't be like a month between thd submission date and confirmation date.