+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC process - is there a police verification at the home address as in passport?

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
I will be applying through BLS. My passport address is different from where my parents stay currently. With all my research, I realized I should put every detail as in the passport so will put the old address where my family does not stay. So I wanted to know if there a in person verification at the address always or is it just like a background check and no police visits the house. My hometown is in West Bengal. Some of my friends did not have any police verification at home while I have read cases where police comes. So I am confused. Thanks in advance!

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
I will be applying through BLS. My passport address is different from where my parents stay currently. With all my research, I realized I should put every detail as in the passport so will put the old address where my family does not stay. So I wanted to know if there a in person verification at the address always or is it just like a background check and no police visits the house. My hometown is in West Bengal. Some of my friends did not have any police verification at home while I have read cases where police comes. So I am confused. Thanks in advance!
It depends on how long it has been since you were issued your passport, if there was a physical verification when the passport was issued and if the address on the passport is the same as your current address. The rest is upto the passport authority to look at your documentary address proof and decide.

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
I had physical verification at my home in 2013 when i first got my passport. Few years back my parents moved to a new address. We dont stay at the old address any longer but we still have own the house there. All my documents have the old address including my passport. So i was confused if they will go for physical verification or not. If they do they say when so that my parents can be present at the old address when they come. Thanks

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
I had physical verification at my home in 2013 when i first got my passport. Few years back my parents moved to a new address. We dont stay at the old address any longer but we still have own the house there. All my documents have the old address including my passport. So i was confused if they will go for physical verification or not. If they do they say when so that my parents can be present at the old address when they come. Thanks
Impossible to predict what they will choose to do. You will find out when you apply for the PCC.

Reactions: Anaysa