Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
Hello guys, I recently applied for a PCC, and got it today. However, I got the purpose on it as LONG TERM VISA/STAY for CANADA. What do you suggest? I realised the purpose should be as 'IMMIGRATION PURPOSES OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP'.

Is it fine to not make the change?

Last edited:

Anildhage

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
Okay. I too felt it. As the main reason for the PCC is to check the police records, which is affirmative.

deepakbisht

Oct 5, 2020
Hello guys, I recently applied for a PCC, and got it today. However, I got the purpose on it as LONG TERM VISA/STAY for CANADA. What do you suggest? I realised the purpose should be as 'IMMIGRATION PURPOSES OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP'.

Is it fine to not make the change?

I was told by executive that you will receive PCC within 2 days by post due to COVID but after coming from PSK I got the message that

Request forwarded to SP, District and PCC will be dispatched after successful Police Verification. Does this mean the Physical verification will be conducted?

Anildhage

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
Yes. I got that same. And the police officer came to my home. He just took a signature and left. Then got the PCC in 3days. This happened in August 2020.

deepakbisht

Oct 5, 2020
Yes. I got that same. And the police officer came to my home. He just took a signature and left. Then got the PCC in 3days. This happened in August 2020.
Thanks for replying buddy. After how many days of visit to PSK, a police officer came to your home? 2-3 days or more. I am residing in Noida, where were you at that time?

Anildhage

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
After that message. 7days. Within 7 business days he will come. He may call you or come directly. So take it easy. You will get the PCC soon.

deepakbisht

Oct 5, 2020
Actually I normally go to my brother's house for lunch and stay there whenever pleases. Did he call you before coming? or he came directly?

Anildhage

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
He will call you. And very soon you will get the officers number to your phone who will come to you. It’s their process. So you can follow up.

Anildhage

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
No. Nowadays it’s not common. He will not ask and you will receive a message saying you should not give bribe. Just judge the situation in your case. Not sure about your place culture.

deepakbisht

Oct 5, 2020
Did you also get intimation about something like the file is forwarded to the local police station or something? or Just file if forwarded to the SP office and the officer directly visited your residence?

Anildhage

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
I got a message saying the file was sent to the head office, the very office where the head officer remains, then I got a follow up message saying an officer from the police station(your area) will visit to verify. I don’t remember SP or who, but it was written PSK head office. His name and phone number was again sent on a different day.