+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC (police clearance certificate) from Kuwait after ITA express entry

jarb

Sep 24, 2018
Hi,

I am an Indian living in Kuwait. I have received the ITA and want to apply for PCC or Good Conduct certificate in Kuwait.

I have got conflicting information about the process.

1. The PR application form online in CIC website is asking me to upload the PCC from Kuwait. But, the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/kuwait.html is stating I do not need PCC while applying for PR. Can somebody help me with how to proceed ?

2. I believe the request letter from Canada embassy has to be provided to get the PCC. What documents does the canada embassy in kuwait ask before providing such request letter? Someone in the forum had written they will not provide the request letter before I get the application form filled but the application form on the CIC website will be incomplete without uploading the PCC itself. Please guide me on this.

Thanks in advance for your help!! I will really appreciate someone who has gone through this process to help me.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,

I am an Indian living in Kuwait. I have received the ITA and want to apply for PCC or Good Conduct certificate in Kuwait.

1. The PR application form online in CIC website is asking me to upload the PCC from Kuwait. But, the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/kuwait.html is stating I do not need PCC while applying for PR. Can somebody help me with how to proceed ?

2. I believe the request letter from Canada embassy has to be provided to get the PCC. What documents does the canada embassy in kuwait ask before providing such request letter? Someone in the forum had written they will not provide the request letter before I get the application form filled but the application form on the CIC website will be incomplete without uploading the PCC itself. Please guide me on this.

Thanks in advance for your help!! I will really appreciate someone who has gone through this process to help me.
1) You apply for PR, and they will send you a request letter for PCC which you need to get PCC from Kuwait. So for the time being, you will apply without Kuwait PCC. That's what they mean by "you don't need PCC to apply".
2)If the system generates a field to upload Kuwait PCC, put a LOE instead, stating that Kuwait requires letter of request provided by IRCC. Visa Officers are aware of this, as stated in their own website.

************From CIC Website************
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

Name of document(s) to get: Good Conduct Certificate

If you are not a citizen of Kuwait:
If you live in Kuwait:

You must apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Kuwait, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf (see Special notes and considerations for complete address) and bring:

The letter from the Embassy of Canada requesting the Good Conduct Certificate
One photograph (4 × 6 cm)
A copy of your passport
A copy of your resident visa in Kuwait
Applicable fees

Reactions: jarb

jarb

Sep 24, 2018
1) You apply for PR, and they will send you a request letter for PCC which you need to get PCC from Kuwait. So for the time being, you will apply without Kuwait PCC. That's what they mean by "you don't need PCC to apply".
2)If the system generates a field to upload Kuwait PCC, put a LOE instead, stating that Kuwait requires letter of request provided by IRCC. Visa Officers are aware of this, as stated in their own website.

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

Name of document(s) to get: Good Conduct Certificate

If you are not a citizen of Kuwait:
If you live in Kuwait:

You must apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Kuwait, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf (see Special notes and considerations for complete address) and bring:

The letter from the Embassy of Canada requesting the Good Conduct Certificate
One photograph (4 × 6 cm)
A copy of your passport
A copy of your resident visa in Kuwait
Applicable fees
Thank you peacekeeper87 for the quick reply!!

Did you also go through this process?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you peacekeeper87 for the quick reply!!

Did you also go through this process?
No my friend. Not from Kuwait, or ever resided in Kuwait.
But this process of applying without PCC and waiting for CIC's request is very common for many applicants and many countries. I hear about it all the time. (e.g Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain...etc)

adilkhan31

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

2. I believe the request letter from Canada embassy has to be provided to get the PCC (It will come post ITA, in your express entry inbox). What documents does the canada embassy in kuwait ask before providing such request letter? (No documents are required by the embassy, just submission of your application online with a LOE saying you need letter to get Kuwait PCC) Someone in the forum had written they will not provide the request letter before I get the application form filled but the application form on the CIC website will be incomplete without uploading the PCC itself (Its correct. Your application will be complete once you upload LOE instead of Kuwait PCC). Please guide me on this.

Hi,
I went through this process in 2016. My wife lived in Kuwait for many years and I had to get her PCC while both of us lived in another country.

You will get the request letter from CIC as soon as you submit your application post ITA (it took me 4 days after AOR). Before submitting, I wrote a LOE in which I explained that for Kuwait PCC, my wife needs an official request letter from CIC. Keep the LOE simple.

ameya_247

Oct 1, 2018
Hi buddy,

How many days does it take to get Kuwait PCC?

Hi,
I went through this process in 2016. My wife lived in Kuwait for many years and I had to get her PCC while both of us lived in another country.

You will get the request letter from CIC as soon as you submit your application post ITA (it took me 4 days after AOR). Before submitting, I wrote a LOE in which I explained that for Kuwait PCC, my wife needs an official request letter from CIC. Keep the LOE simple.

ameya_247

Oct 1, 2018
H
Hi,

I Mate,

Did you apply in Kuwait's consulate or embassy in your country?
How much time did it take?

Johnson1304

Jun 24, 2019
Hi , I was working in Kuwait and now in Canada. I had pcc from Kuwait but it expired already.. how can I get a new pcc from Kuwait..my friends are there, are they able to get it for me.. do I need to give them any power of attorney, how ?

noel2026

Jul 8, 2020
Hello sir/ma'am, Is there anyone here who have knowledge or had successfully received there Kuwait police clearance. If so, please let me know and I really need a hand. I am currently here in Thailand and I had requested this from Kuwait embassy of Thailand last June 08, 2020 but due to this pandemic, I haven't got any firm dates and whether it can be processed and received on the span of time that the Canada have given. Please help me and any idea or message will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much and I hope you guys are doing well, especially in these times of uncertainties.

vdmello

Sep 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello People,

Just Sharing an update.

People in Kuwait can now apply for Kuwait PCC from the "SAHEL" App; The Ministry of Interior, General Department for Criminal Evidence Office at Dajeej or the office at Mishref is no more accepting in-person applications.

The new process is very simple, just download the Sahel App and authorize it using the Kuwait Mobile ID, unlike before you don't need to visit the embassy, neither do you need to fill application or give fingerprints or any other documents.

All you need to do is from the SAHEL app go to the MOI Services and Apply for Criminal Clearance Certificate, select "CANADA" in the country and the certificate will be immediately issued and available for download through the app.

As the process is fairly new and the APP is in arabic, I dint knew this information and visited the Dajeej office, Mishref Office and then learnt the process in a hard way.

Hopefully, this info helps you'll.

Reactions: LexiLiz