+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Obtained From India

jijuanair

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am in Canada and applying for my PR under CEC.I am from India.

My wife is in India.Since I needed my passport I didn't send the passport to Indian consulate.Instead my wife got both our PCC's from Police Commissioner Office in India.They did the background check and issued one.

My question is "Is it alright with the PCC i got from Police Commissioners Office in India" ?

Will that be a reason for rejection?I will be going to India in months time and planning to get the PCC from Passport Office directly and send it later.

All my other documents are perfect.
Thanks in advance.

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
PCC from commissioner police is ok if you from any state other than punjab , See the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

jijuanair

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Thank You Dimma......Awesome Information....Will be helpful to lots of other people also....Thanks Again Friend

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not this point too if u r NRI

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the Indian embassy or consulate.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Hey Dimma,
R u sure about that. Cos before I applied for CEC, I called CIC and asked them if it was ok for me to get my PCC from India, Bombay, instead of going to the Consulate here. And the agent said that would not be accepted as I was in Canada and the only correct channel to go was the consulate.
So just reconfirm on this.

Thanks
Winterfox

desi2012

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
jijuanair said:
Thanks in advance.
This falls in Non-Resident category, so indian PCC cannot be accepted by CIC.
The link Dimma gave seems to be for the people in India, not Canada.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
Winterfox said:
Hey Dimma,
R u sure about that. Cos before I applied for CEC, I called CIC and asked them if it was ok for me to get my PCC from India, Bombay, instead of going to the Consulate here. And the agent said that would not be accepted as I was in Canada and the only correct channel to go was the consulate.
So just reconfirm on this.

Thanks
Winterfox
Thats true.. I also tried getting one from Mumbai, but the police people said that they need a true copy of passport which is not possible to make because your passport is in canada with you.
Then I called the embassy here and found out that VFS aslo does it.. But now the Ottawa branch of VFS is closed. The new company called BLS does the job now...

jijuanair

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Thanks for all the response.My question still persists.

Will not having a PCC be a reason for rejection AS I am planning to visit India in May and so cannot send my passport to teh consulate for a PCC. I need my passport for travelling and PCC from consulate takes atleast 8 weeks to come through(as far as I know).

In between I need to apply for a TRV also.So I need my passport send for that purpose.Whats the alternative?

Thanks for the support and answers.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
jijuanair said:
Thanks for all the response.My question still persists.

Will not having a PCC be a reason for rejection AS I am planning to visit India in May and so cannot send my passport to teh consulate for a PCC. I need my passport for travelling and PCC from consulate takes atleast 8 weeks to come through(as far as I know).

In between I need to apply for a TRV also.So I need my passport send for that purpose.Whats the alternative?

Thanks for the support and answers.
When I applied for PCC, VFS didnt take my passport, they just need a photocopy.
I dont think you have to give your passport for PCC even if its not VFS. They just verify it when u go to submit..

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
jijuanair said:
Thanks for the response...But Am in Canada now....does this still apply to me?
Of course yes!
check with VFS and BLS. depending on whichever is closer for you, submit it there.
you can also call Indian Embassy; they can also direct you to the closest location..

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from_mumbai said:
Of course yes!
check with VFS and BLS. depending on whichever is closer for you, submit it there.
you can also call Indian Embassy; they can also direct you to the closest location..
VFS does not accept PCC applications any more. It is BLS now. Check CGI website.

http://www.cgitoronto.ca/

Calgary27

Apr 5, 2013
jijuanair said:
Hello Everyone,

My wife is in India.Since I needed my passport I didn't send the passport to Indian consulate.Instead my wife got both our PCC's from Police Commissioner Office in India.They did the background check and issued one.

My question is "Is it alright with the PCC i got from Police Commissioners Office in India" ?

Will that be a reason for rejection?I will be going to India in months time and planning to get the PCC from Passport Office directly and send it later.

All my other documents are perfect.
Thanks in advance.
Thats fine.