+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC needed for the country lived less than 6 months?

ddlykitten

Oct 3, 2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Hello experts,

Currently I'm preparing my docs for the application as I have a valid LMIA so once docs are ready, then I can get ITA. But I ran into a post that someone was requested from CIC for the PCC of the country that the person lived less than 6 months (5 months and half I remember), so this made me to write the post immediately because I lived in Melbourne, Australia for 4 months and 26 days.

Is there high change they ask me to send even it's technically less than 6 months? Should I submit PCC from AUS anyway once I get my ITA or wait until if they ask after AOR? I don't know how long does it take to get this but expecting a month or two to get?

Any thoughts?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Logically, you would not need it.
Best option is to check with the Police Authorities or Ministry of that particular country and see if they issue a PCC to a person who has stayed less than 6 months. If they say NO, your problem is resolved and you can mention this to CIC in a LOE.

ddlykitten

Oct 3, 2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
sushsmart15 said:
Logically, you would not need it.
Best option is to check with the Police Authorities or Ministry of that particular country and see if they issue a PCC to a person who has stayed less than 6 months. If they say NO, your problem is resolved and you can mention this to CIC in a LOE.
That sounds very promising. I will write down the email right now if they do or not. Thank you!

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
Asivad Anac said:
4 months and 26 days! Of course not required.
I stayed in South Korea for 4 months and 28 days and yet CIC has asked me to get a PCC (Called as Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply, including any lapsed records ).

For countries such as South Korea, getting this kind of PCC is problematic if you aren't in that country any more. I have applied for Background Check (Criminal Records) Certificate from the embassy of South Korea, as this is the only kind of PCC they provide from the embassy , I hope it does not lead to rejection in my case.. I have tried to get more information / help from various sources, but unable to get anything else other than this certificate from the embassy so most probably it's the end of my Canadian dream..

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Asivad Anac said:
4 months and 26 days! Of course not required.
Agreed, you don't need it to apply.

But if it's not too complicated/expensive to obtain, perhaps could be a preventive action to request it, just in case CIC ask for it, but it's not the standard procedure.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
chiyakam said:
I stayed in South Korea for 4 months and 28 days and yet CIC has asked me to get a PCC (Called as Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply, including any lapsed records ).

For countries such as South Korea, getting this kind of PCC is problematic if you aren't in that country any more. I have applied for Background Check (Criminal Records) Certificate from the embassy of South Korea, as this is the only kind of PCC they provide from the embassy , I hope it does not lead to rejection in my case.. I have tried to get more information / help from various sources, but unable to get anything else other than this certificate from the embassy so most probably it's the end of my Canadian dream..
CIC is providing this information:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/korea-south.asp

You should use a representative to request PCC in South Korea.

Did you try to hire a lawyer/inmigration agency or someone else to request it in your behalf?

If you only can get this Embassy PCC, you have to add a Explanation Letter about why you couldn't get the requested PCC and hope CIC will accept it.

Anyways, I recommend to still trying to get the exact PCC requested, perhaps you can find a friend of a friend from your original country who can help you, use forum, and Internet media if you can (Facebook, Twitter. ..)