+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC is more than 6 months old

sandysingh_19

Jul 30, 2019
Hello folks, currently I am in Canada and got my PCC from India a year ago. I haven't been to India since I got my PCC.

Is my PCC still valid or do I have to apply for a new one? l've got an ITA and I am on a time crunch. Please help.

Thank you.

BC_CEC_Aspirant

Dec 1, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2023
Med's Done....
22-02-2023
Hello folks, currently I am in Canada and got my PCC from India a year ago. I haven't been to India since I got my PCC.

Is my PCC still valid or do I have to apply for a new one? l've got an ITA and I am on a time crunch. Please help.

Thank you.
You need to apply for a new one. Every country's PCC is only valid for 6 months. It doesn't matter whether you visited your home country or not after that.

sandysingh_19

Jul 30, 2019
You need to apply for a new one. Every country's PCC is only valid for 6 months. It doesn't matter whether you visited your home country or not after that.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

The above site mentions otherwise. Please read the snippet below:

For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

- must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
must not be expired

For any other country

For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

- it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
- it is not for the country where you currently live

sandysingh_19

Jul 30, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

The above site mentions otherwise. Please read the snippet below:

For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

- must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
must not be expired

For any other country

For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

- it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
- it is not for the country where you currently live
Currently liveing in country: Canada (PCC not required from here)

Other Country: India (it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row)

I think there is no issue. Do you guys agree?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Currently liveing in country: Canada (PCC not required from here)

Other Country: India (it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row)

I think there is no issue. Do you guys agree?
Depends upon IRCC, if the officer thinks no need then you are good, if the officer need it you will get a request.
By the way I also submitted the Canada PCC even though inland. Also the India was not recent, no ADR.

D

Deleted member 981115

what did you end up doing? I’m in a similar situation

Thank you.

Mani80544

Feb 23, 2024
Hello i have one question. i have pcc from india that is 6 month old. I got ita can i submit that pcc because i haven’t visited India yet. Any lead or any person who has this experience and any ADR after that? It Will be really appreciated!