+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC India: PSK or multiple places?

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi guys!

I have a question, My wife (who is presently in Saudi Arabia since October 2014) has lived in India all her life before moving to Saudi Arabia. Her Passport was issued from Shimla Passport Office, whereas her place of residence was Chamba H.P.

Now the question is, for Indian PCC through PSK, does she have to go to Shimla PSK or she can also opt for the newly opened Kangra POPSK, which is closer to her hometown?

Thanks in advance.

Please advise @navinball @mr.preetsingh @cansha :)

Reactions: star88

Nirap

Jul 17, 2019
Will it serve ? As you lived at multiples places in India and only PCC of resident place is not enough then ..PCC of passport will do here ..

Nirap

Jul 17, 2019
I have another question that I have to prove my history of last 10 years and my passport is created in 2018 so for my PCC for Pnp EE ..will passport PCC do?? Passport is only created 3 yrs ago n I need of last 10 years ...Also, if I get my local PCC will it serve too ??

Nirap

Jul 17, 2019
No, PCC from PSK is enough for Complete India. I had lived in more than 10 addresses in India, however with one PCC i got...
Hlo I have same issue Bt my passport is made in 2015 and other places I have stayed before 2015 so will PCC PSK still serve or will have to get it of that place too that I lived before my passport creation

Nirap

Jul 17, 2019
Hello,

For Indian PCC, is PSK PCC sufficient or do you also have to get police clearance from local police offices?

After 18 years of age, I have lived at multiple places.
Some people are telling me to get PCCs from local police station of all the addresses (where I have lived for more than 6 months).

I will be specially thankful if someone who recently got a PR could help me out.
So did u use one or had to use of diff places ?? Guide me plz

Nirap

Jul 17, 2019
I have seen a recent rejection because of a PCC from Police Station.
Having said that, I would advice you to rather follow Canada.ca website.
Everything is written in simple english

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html

If you are a citizen of India:
If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your district.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local district police station or online on the Delhi Police website. The website will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local district police station.

For all residents of India: You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport office on the Passport India website. The website will list what information and documents you need.
You are saying rejection??

JasjotSingh

Nov 19, 2019
Hi. I am filing open spouse work permit. I have taken Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Chandigarh/Punjab since my passport has Punjab address in it and was issued from Chandigarh as well. Now I'm living in Bangalore from May 2019. My question is if I should get PCC done from Bangalore too or is the one issued from Punjab is sufficient in my case. My consultant strongly suggests to get an additional PCC from Bangalore too since he has seen rejections for this reason in the past.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi. I am filing open spouse work permit. I have taken Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Chandigarh/Punjab since my passport has Punjab address in it and was issued from Chandigarh as well. Now I'm living in Bangalore from May 2019. My question is if I should get PCC done from Bangalore too or is the one issued from Punjab is sufficient in my case. My consultant strongly suggests to get an additional PCC from Bangalore too since he has seen rejections for this reason in the past.
Two suggestions

1. get a PCC from a PSK and if it is from a PSK doesn't matter where it is issued as it covers whole India
2. Fire your consultant. Because if he didn't know this basic information most likely he is a quack and makes me wonder what else he is screwing up on your application

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
PCC should be less than 1 year old, that's the only condition for India. Rest, you can get PCC from any PSK office in India, its approved and covers the whole country. Your consultant might have received a rejection for a different reason.

Most of the open work permits from India are usually rejected, as far as I have heard from different people. So, Wish you good luck.

#EEC

May 19, 2019
I have seen a recent rejection because of a PCC from Police Station.
Having said that, I would advice you to rather follow Canada.ca website.
Everything is written in simple english

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html

If you are a citizen of India:
If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your district.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local district police station or online on the Delhi Police website. The website will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local district police station.

For all residents of India: You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport office on the Passport India website. The website will list what information and documents you need.
Ircc Website has been updated, now no option to get it from ssp. . Only acceptable pcc is from psk. ...

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Ircc Website has been updated, now no option to get it from ssp. . Only acceptable pcc is from psk. ...
I have been telling this to everyone, people do not listen these days.

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
Hi,

Although i know that PCC from police is no more a valid option for India applications, can you suggest me on my case below?

I came to Mexico on Business Visa (Not work permit) on October 10, 2019 and got ITA on Nov 27,2019.
I had taken PCC from PSK delhi on September 26, 2019 ( 2 weeks before my exit from India) which i now realized is no more valid.
I have to go back to India on April 5, and i checked with Consulate at Indian Embassy Mexico if i can get a PCC from here and they are not cooperating stating that they only provide these services to Work Permits.

Now i have 3 options, can someone please help which is the right way to go ahead please?

1. Obtain Online PCC from DelhiPolice Online PCC service and attach both PSK PCC(dated 26 sept) and DelhiPolice PCC with a LOE explaining my situation of being unable to obtain PCC from Indian Embassy Mexico(i can show travel tickets between my city and city where embassy is and my taxi receipts between airport and embassy) and requesting to consider Delhi Police PCC for the missing 15 days, as i was in delhi at my permanent address between september 26 and october 10. (PS: I have stayed at multiple addresses during college, work but permanent address has always stayed Delhi)

2. Travel to India for a week and obtain a PCC, the cic website says PCC date of issue is valid if it was issued last time you stayed for 6 or more months in a row.( Is this option legit, this will be a USD 3000 return journey for me so wanted to make sure its valid). Post obtaining PCC i need to travel back to Mexico.

3. Attach only existing PCC with LOE explaining my situation.

Kindly suggest me with this.

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
I have been telling this to everyone, people do not listen these days.
Hi Preet,

Can you suggest me here on my case please?

I came to Mexico on Business Visa (Not work permit) on October 10, 2019 and got ITA on Nov 27,2019.
I had taken PCC from PSK delhi on September 26, 2019 ( 2 weeks before my exit frok India) which i now realized is no more valid.
I have to go back to India on April 5, and i checked with Consulate at Indian Embassy Mexico if i can get a PCC from here and they are not cooperating stating that they only provide these services to Work Permits.

Now i have 3 options, can someone please help which is the right way to go ahead please?

1. Obtain Online PCC from DelhiPolice Online PCC service and attach both PSK PCC(dated 26 sept) and DelhiPolice PCC with a LOE explaining my situation of being unable to obtain PCC from Indian Embassy Mexico(i can show travel tickets between my city and city where embassy is and my taxi receipts between airport and embassy) and requesting to consider Delhi Police PCC for the missing 15 days, as i was in delhi at my permanent address between september 26 and october 10. (PS: I have stayed at multiple addresses during college, work but permanent address has always stayed Delhi)

2. Travel to India for a week and obtain a PCC, the cic website says PCC date of issue is valid if it was issued last time you stayed for 6 or more months in a row.( Is this option legit, this will be a USD 3000 return journey for me so wanted to make sure its valid). Post obtaining PCC i need to travel back to Mexico.

3. Attach only existing PCC with LOE explaining my situation.

Kindly suggest me with this.

Gurpreet_9098

May 26, 2021
Thnx...
That means if I will took pcc from my hometown PSK and mention all address history of India where I live in last 10 year that doesn't affect my application.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
DId you get your PCC from local police station for different addreses?
I got rejection recently as I had stayed in multiple states and took PCC from local police station.