+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Vietnam

day_dream

May 28, 2017
Hi, Is there anyone who was able to get PCC from Vietnam (for there stay 6 months and longer) in recent times.
I am currently going through the procedure, and created this thread to share my experience.
But if someone has prior experience then kindly do share with us.

PS- For immigration purposes we need to apply for certificate no-2.

Reactions: pino1130

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you a Vietnamese citizen or a foreigner? you probably need a stamped and notarized Letter of Authorization.

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Did you get it? Trying to go through the process now and there isn't much on this forum about it recently...

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Did you get it? Trying to go through the process now and there isn't much on this forum about it recently...
I got mine last December. Went to Hanoi in person to apply, and went back to collect it, as I did not really trust them to mail it to me in a timely manner. I believe you could apply through post, but given I only had 60 days to finish the process (and needed PCCs from three countries), I did not want to invite more stress!

I lived in Vietnam for two years, and actually had a work permit. However, I did not have a copy of the work permit. I did however copy all the stamps from my old and new passport and make sure I provided dates that matched my residence as reported in my personal history. I applied on the 28th of December, and collected the certificate on the 18th of January. I believe we called to ask whether it was ready before I flew down to get it (as I recall I had a hand written receipt with a phone number on it). I subsequently had the translation/notarization done in Ho Chi Minh City (my wife is Vietnamese, and she had to apply for her police certificate there!). I imagine that could have been done at the Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok, where I live.

If you need further information, I can probably remember/find more details as well as pick my wife's brain.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Ok thanks, glad you got it :) . Unfortunately going over twice for me from Canada is just not possible :(
Indeed that makes it more difficult. I guess the next best thing would be to have a trusted friend/relative to make the submission, find out about and help deliver any missing documents, and finally collect and courier back the certificate.

Thinking back, the IRCC instructions were pretty good: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/vietnam.html

I didn't have copies of a work permit or anything, so supplied all the stamps as per my passport....

Good luck!

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
For anyone who comes across this and is trying to get Vietnam PCC if you aren't Vietnamese and don't live there anymore... you can get the Vietnamese embassy in Ottawa to get the PCC for you. It is VERY expensive but takes 2 weeks

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
For anyone who comes across this and is trying to get Vietnam PCC if you aren't Vietnamese and don't live there anymore... you can get the Vietnamese embassy in Ottawa to get the PCC for you. It is VERY expensive but takes 2 weeks
Out of curiosity, what kind of money are we talking about?