+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from USA while currently present in India

titan5

Nov 19, 2021
Hi,

I am preparing to submit documents for PR application post receiving ITA. I have lived in the USA for 8 years and left USA on 5 Jan 2021 and moved back to India. Before leaving the US, I got PCC from the US on 25 Dec 2020. Will this PCC be valid ?

Website says :

For any other country

For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live

An officer may ask for a new one later on.

allencc1989

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hi,

I am preparing to submit documents for PR application post receiving ITA. I have lived in the USA for 8 years and left USA on 5 Jan 2021 and moved back to India. Before leaving the US, I got PCC from the US on 25 Dec 2020. Will this PCC be valid ?

Website says :

For any other country

For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row

Your PCC has to cover the last day of your presence in US which is Jan 5. Therefore, it might not be accepted by IRCC since there‘s a gap.

eagle117

Jan 11, 2022
Your PCC has to cover the last day of your presence in US which is Jan 5. Therefore, it might not be accepted by IRCC since there‘s a gap.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

I used my old PCC from USA, and I traveled to US for several times with each time staying for less than one week. I got BIL in 30 days.

eagle117

Jan 11, 2022
Hi,

Website says :

For any other country

But to use this PCC with a small gap, you need to write a good explanation letter attached, because IRCC agents won't be so kind to calculate the eligibility of that document by themselves, so you have to list everything out in a letter. Then you'd be fine.

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
I don't agree with the above comment. PR applications can be refused for the most mundane reasons.

If you submit a police certificate that doesn't cover your whole period of stay, it is possible the officer may not accept it and reject your application. In that case, not only would you have to apply all over again with a refused application on your record, you'd also be out of a decent amount of money.

I strongly suggest getting a new certificate. I got my FBI identity history check last year and the whole process took roughly 10 days from mailing the fingerprints (DHL) to receiving the document.

eagle117

Jan 11, 2022
I don't agree with the above comment. PR applications can be refused for the most mundane reasons.

If you submit a police certificate that doesn't cover your whole period of stay, it is possible the officer may not accept it and reject your application. In that case, not only would you have to apply all over again with a refused application on your record, you'd also be out of a decent amount of money.

I strongly suggest getting a new certificate. I got my FBI identity history check last year and the whole process took roughly 10 days from mailing the fingerprints (DHL) to receiving the document.
Just stick to CIC website, and write explanation. They may ask you to update PCC if they really need, and Canada and US already shared information.

I used my old US PCC, old PCC of another country, my old medical done 4 years ago, and my medical passed in 20 days, and received the BIL in 30 days. And completeness check is the pre-requisite of BIL and medical pass.

No need of wasting time and money.

Last edited: