+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Tamil Nadu/India

DeepsUday

Jul 28, 2020
Hi Hari,

Have you received the PCC and tried uploading it through web form? please let us know I'm also waiting for PCC.

Thanks

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
@JagRam, Check with commissioner office and ask for Head Constable/SI contact number who is doing verification at local police station. with that you can directly reach out to them who is doing verification and complete your local police verification. After 2 days of local police verification, reach out to commissioner office verify the status again. once it is cleared at commissioner office you will get the PCC in hand in 10 days.
Hi Luffy, Glad to know that you received the PCC finally, congrats.

Hi Santy,
Thanks for your feedback, based on your advise I contacted the commissioner office they claim that they have not received the application yet for police clearance certificate. I received the notification stating that it has been initiated on 23rd July but not sure why in commissioner office they still report that the file is not yet received.
I contacted the local police station as well multiple times but they are not responding properly.
May I know how the application will flow - will it move from RPO -> Commissioner office -> Local police station and then back to commissioner office?
(or)
file will move from RPO-> Local police station -> Commissioner office?
I am struggling with these departments now to get the PCC certification, it is almost one month and the application is not moving further.
Please advise.
Thanks

Monkey D. Luffy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi Luffy, Glad to know that you received the PCC finally, congrats.

Hi Santy,
Thanks for your feedback, based on your advise I contacted the commissioner office they claim that they have not received the application yet for police clearance certificate. I received the notification stating that it has been initiated on 23rd July but not sure why in commissioner office they still report that the file is not yet received.
I contacted the local police station as well multiple times but they are not responding properly.
May I know how the application will flow - will it move from RPO -> Commissioner office -> Local police station and then back to commissioner office?
(or)
file will move from RPO-> Local police station -> Commissioner office?
I am struggling with these departments now to get the PCC certification, it is almost one month and the application is not moving further.
Please advise.
Thanks
I think the flow is RPO (CGI in our case) -> Local Police station -> Commissioner office -> RPO (CGI in our case)

Contact local police station, they should be know about your file. Ask someone to go in-person, thats how I made some progress.

Last edited:

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Hi Santy,
Thanks for your response, appreciate it.
As you said earlier looks like the file will flow from RPO -> Commissioner office -> Police station.
Once it reaches Commissioner office they will provide the SI number with whom we can co-ordinate with.

I have checked with local police station and Commissioner office they both claim that file is not yet received, they are asking me to check with RPO. They are asking me to follow up with RPO and ask them to transfer the file to Chennai Commissioner office, even they have provided RPO contact number.
Unfortunately they are not picking the phone, I am not sure with whom and how to follow up with RPO.
As you aware there are multiple RPO in Chennai, not sure how to trace the location of the office where the file being processed.
It will be great if anyone can advise with whom and how to follow with RPO.

Thanks

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Hi All,

When I spoke to Chennai Commissioner passport division to check the status of our India PCC applications; they verified and said the file is in "Chennai Suburban login" and not moved to "Chennai login".
They have asked to follow up with RPO to move the files from Chennai sub-urban to Chennai Commissioner office.
Did anyone faced similar issue?

I tried to contact RPO multiple times through email, phone etc. unfortunately not getting any response. Any idea/pointers to connect with them.
It is almost 6+ weeks now the files are not even reached the Commissioner officer for processing which is worrying me a lot.
Please help and guide.

Thanks

Monkey D. Luffy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
even I couldn't connect with RPO Chennai, try sending someone inperson. I would suggest calling CGI and explain them the situation. They should be able to help.

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
even I couldn't connect with RPO Chennai, try sending someone inperson. I would suggest calling CGI and explain them the situation. They should be able to help.
Thank you, will try to send someone in person at RPO, Chennai.
As you know there are multiple RPO centers in Chennai not sure to which office they should visit.

Regarding CGI Toronto, [1 416 960 0751, 1 416 960 0752] I tried to reach them multiple times but no response they are not picking the phone at all.
Any idea whether CGI, Toronto office is open now?

yjcanada

Aug 20, 2020
Thank you, will try to send someone in person at RPO, Chennai.
As you know there are multiple RPO centers in Chennai not sure to which office they should visit.

Regarding CGI Toronto, [1 416 960 0751, 1 416 960 0752] I tried to reach them multiple times but no response they are not picking the phone at all.
Any idea whether CGI, Toronto office is open now?
What is the status of your application now? My status is showing "PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra" from August 13th.

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
What is the status of your application now? My status is showing "PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra" from August 13th.
Hi All,
Thanks for all your guidance and inputs.
Today my status got updated and it is as below
"PCC application has been granted on 20/08/2020. PCC will be dispatched to the current address of the applicant. The applicant would receive an sms once the PCC is ready for dispatch. "
Hope it may take 1~2 weeks max. from now on.

yjcanada

Aug 20, 2020
Hi All,
Thanks for all your guidance and inputs.
Today my status got updated and it is as below
"PCC application has been granted on 20/08/2020. PCC will be dispatched to the current address of the applicant. The applicant would receive an sms once the PCC is ready for dispatch. "
Hope it may take 1~2 weeks max. from now on.
Have you pushed yourself to move Chennai sub-urban to Chennai Commissioner office? I hope my application also got stuck at Chennai Suburban.

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Have you pushed yourself to move Chennai sub-urban to Chennai Commissioner office? I hope my application also got stuck at Chennai Suburban.
May I know your location of police station?

I pushed a lot but nothing didn't happen, it took lot of time and the file is moved by them as per their own process & lead time.
Looks like they are moving the files only in batches, Chennai commissioner office can place a request to move the pending files from Chennai sub-urban to Chennai commissioner office. They can place request in generic it is not file or case to case basis.

Below are the steps I did
1. Weekly once I called Chennai commissioner office and asked them for the status, the response which I got is always
"File is not available in their login, it might have been moved to some other district etc." (OR)
"File is available in sub-urban login, RPO need to move the file to Chennai Commissioner officer",
they will ask me to follow up with RPO. Even they provided RPO contact number which didn't help, RPO office didn't pick the phone at all.

But Chennai Commissioner office representatives are very friendly they answered very patiently, it was surprise to me and Kudos to that team, Hats off to the team!!!

Once the file is moved to Chennai commissioner office then the process was pretty much fast, even they shared the name of the SI who is handling the file and his contact numbers to follow up.
Chennai Commissioner office contact number 044 2345 2337.
RPO contact numbers : 044 2851 8848, 044 2851 3640

2. I called RPO Grievance cell and raised my concern. They used to attend the call but they will ask to contact the local consulate office i.e. Toronto in my case (mostly they will speak only in Hindi, if you say I cant speak Hindi they will disconnect immediately)
RPO Grievance cell
011 2338 4497
011 2338 4519

3. Even I called BLS, Brampton office on regular basis but they are not of any use.
They have openly admitted they are just doing "post - man job" , they don't have any control or process to check with Consulate either in Toronto or India. Once the file have reached the regular processing lead time then they are placing some request in the file to consulate but not sure what sort of request it is.

4. I sent e-mail to India embassy at Toronto multiple times but only once I got response saying "the file is pending with authorities in India" just a one liner response, no further details.
E-mail IDs can be found in below link
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/police-clearance/

5. I sent e-mail to all the available e-mail IDs in the below portal but none of them responded
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/rpo/rpoPages/rpoChennai/chennaiRPO.html
E-mail IDs available under Contact us -> Passport

Based on my experience we need to be very patient, the process involves follow up with multiple team and in multiple places leading to lot of frustration. We just need to be patience and constantly track/follow-up.

Till the time the file reaches the required police station, I would recommend to contact the local police station and find the person who is in charge of police verification process and establish a connect with him. In this process, we realized the person who was in charge is my brothers friend so once the file reached the local police station on the same day the process completed without any bribe and moved back to Chennai commissioner office on the same day.

Please let me know if you need any other details

yjcanada

Aug 20, 2020
May I know your location of police station?

I pushed a lot but nothing didn't happen, it took lot of time and the file is moved by them as per their own process & lead time.
Looks like they are moving the files only in batches, Chennai commissioner office can place a request to move the pending files from Chennai sub-urban to Chennai commissioner office. They can place request in generic it is not file or case to case basis.

Below are the steps I did
1. Weekly once I called Chennai commissioner office and asked them for the status, the response which I got is always
"File is not available in their login, it might have been moved to some other district etc." (OR)
"File is available in sub-urban login, RPO need to move the file to Chennai Commissioner officer",
they will ask me to follow up with RPO. Even they provided RPO contact number which didn't help, RPO office didn't pick the phone at all.

But Chennai Commissioner office representatives are very friendly they answered very patiently, it was surprise to me and Kudos to that team, Hats off to the team!!!

Once the file is moved to Chennai commissioner office then the process was pretty much fast, even they shared the name of the SI who is handling the file and his contact numbers to follow up.
Chennai Commissioner office contact number 044 2345 2337.
RPO contact numbers : 044 2851 8848, 044 2851 3640

2. I called RPO Grievance cell and raised my concern. They used to attend the call but they will ask to contact the local consulate office i.e. Toronto in my case (mostly they will speak only in Hindi, if you say I cant speak Hindi they will disconnect immediately)
RPO Grievance cell
011 2338 4497
011 2338 4519

3. Even I called BLS, Brampton office on regular basis but they are not of any use.
They have openly admitted they are just doing "post - man job" , they don't have any control or process to check with Consulate either in Toronto or India. Once the file have reached the regular processing lead time then they are placing some request in the file to consulate but not sure what sort of request it is.

4. I sent e-mail to India embassy at Toronto multiple times but only once I got response saying "the file is pending with authorities in India" just a one liner response, no further details.
E-mail IDs can be found in below link
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/police-clearance/

5. I sent e-mail to all the available e-mail IDs in the below portal but none of them responded
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/rpo/rpoPages/rpoChennai/chennaiRPO.html
E-mail IDs available under Contact us -> Passport

Based on my experience we need to be very patient, the process involves follow up with multiple team and in multiple places leading to lot of frustration. We just need to be patience and constantly track/follow-up.

Till the time the file reaches the required police station, I would recommend to contact the local police station and find the person who is in charge of police verification process and establish a connect with him. In this process, we realized the person who was in charge is my brothers friend so once the file reached the local police station on the same day the process completed without any bribe and moved back to Chennai commissioner office on the same day.

Please let me know if you need any other details
Thanks for your detailed explanation and guidance. S10 - Pallikaranai

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi guys,
How long is it taking now to get PCC from psk Chennai?
My wife applied for PCC on 12th January but the status showing application under review at regional passport office.when she checked with the local police station, they said they haven't received any file yet?
How to expedite the process? Only that document is pending for her spousal sponsorship.
Any inputs please?

Monkey D. Luffy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi guys,
How long is it taking now to get PCC from psk Chennai?
My wife applied for PCC on 12th January but the status showing application under review at regional passport office.when she checked with the local police station, they said they haven't received any file yet?
How to expedite the process? Only that document is pending for her spousal sponsorship.
Any inputs please?
refer this one https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pcc-from-tamil-nadu-india.694449/post-8798832