+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pcc from saudi arabia for non residents

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
anyone on this forum, who succeeded in getting a PCC while being a Non-Resident? Will really appreciate your help.

midnightfalcon

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
I didn't get the PCC yet..
But I am in the process of applying..
Visit MOFA-DAMMAM to get the letter and then visit police station for getting PCC in Ar/EN.
Hi there, I will also be starting the process of applying for PCC in KSA from Indian Embassy. Can you please help me out as to what is the exact process and also do we have to submit our passport to the concerned authorities?? Do they keep it in their custody till the PCC is issued?? or they just require the Copy of Passport. Please can you help me out on this entire process??

nuclearbattery

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Residents with legal residence status must submit PCC. If you don't have legal residence status, then you don't need to submit PCC whether you are in Saudi or outside of Saudi. Please see the below extract from CIC website.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are not a citizen of Saudi Arabia:

If you live in Saudi Arabia:
Certificates are available only to current legal residents.

If you have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, follow the directions above for citizens of Saudi Arabia who live in Saudi Arabia.

If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

Source:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp
Hey, was this recently updated? I seem to remember it was required even for non-residents previously (although still impossible to obtain so the requirement was eventually waived off), but I could have misread.