+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Oman

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes to get a police clearance from Oman using the mail procedure because the person now lives outside of the country and doesn't have any contacts there. Wondering how long it takes to get it. Appreciate any help.

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
I had checked with the Omani consulate in Dubai and they told me within a week. However, I just flew to Oman and got it in less then 2 hours. But if you use to Omani consulate services, it takes about a week. It also says that if this is for freign use, it must be attested by the Foreign Ministry; so be mindful of that. When you approach the consulate, ask them about this as well and make sure either the embassy or the foreign affairs stamp it.

vaibhavvd

May 26, 2010
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
26-03-2010
AOR Received.
26-03-2010
IELTS Request
26-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013
LANDED..........
First Q 2014
right Mirza. If u fly down to Oman, u'll get ur PCC within couple of hours.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for that. In this case, going to Oman is out of the question. It's going to have to be done through their mail procedure with a wire transfer to the proper bank account. The wire transfer fee from the bank will cost more than the actual PCC which is only $12 USD. Just wondering if anyone has done the MAIL procedure and how long it took them to get the clearance.

MASOOD85

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2015
Nomination.....
19-06-2015
AOA,

can any tell me how to apply canada study permit visa as i am working in oman but i am pakistani national, as there is no canadian embassy in oman, as i check from website , for many GCC countries including omani residents also have to apply from Abudabhi, but i want to know what is procedure for those who are not omani national and working in oman .
waiting for guidance ..

Pompy

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
Thanks for that. In this case, going to Oman is out of the question. It's going to have to be done through their mail procedure with a wire transfer to the proper bank account. The wire transfer fee from the bank will cost more than the actual PCC which is only $12 USD. Just wondering if anyone has done the MAIL procedure and how long it took them to get the clearance.
The time taken is only how you forward your application. If you send it by Mail, chance of misplaces are possible take sometime to deliver. Else, try DHL, Fedex. Rest it takes 15-20days to reach in you hands.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pompy said:
The time taken is only how you forward your application. If you send it by Mail, chance of misplaces are possible take sometime to deliver. Else, try DHL, Fedex. Rest it takes 15-20days to reach in you hands.
My post was almost 2 years old. :)

I followed the procedure on their website and it worked just fine. Sent the original request by registered mail. Received the clearance about 6 weeks later by regular mail.

Indraneel

Nov 5, 2016
@rjessome

Hello, I have quite a few questions bro, kindly bear with me :)
a) Did you need to provide ROP an official letter of request from Canadian embassy to issue you a PCC stating the reason why it is required?

I heard ROP does not issue PCC unless there is an official request letter from embassy/company. If yes, did the Canadian embassy sent the letter directly to ROP or did they send it to you which you enclosed along with your application package?

b)Did you send them fingerprints? Is there any "expiry date" or "validity duration" for the fingerprint card? Did you have to get it attested by local police before sending it to ROP or you just sent the fingerprint card issued by some private company with their certificate?

c)Is the Oman-PCC in English or Arabic? If Arabic I bet you had to get it translated by a certified translator.

d) I read somewhere the PCC issued by ROP needs to be attested by "Ministry of Foreign Affairs- Oman". How in India or Canada can you manage that?Will knocking the doors of the Oman embassy be fruitful in this case?

Kindly enlighten me :) I am planning to apply for Student VISA, but since I worked in Oman for 10 months probably I will be asked to provide PCC.

I have got the Indian PCC in advance. But in case of Oman PCC I think I need to wait for instruction of VISA officer I guess, advance application won't help me in this case I guess. Correct me in case I got anything wrong please :)

Zgoodwin

Jan 8, 2017
Hi Indraneel
We are going to submit our application soon..
We also got Oman PCC but as you mentioned it says it needs to attested by foreign ministry..
Did you get it attested and if yes from where?
Will appreciate your help:)
Thanks

jinjac

Nov 24, 2016
I too applied for a PCC from Oman and got it in just few minutes ...Its very simple than getting one from India..I know dat..

ajkidwai

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08/06/2017
Passport Req..
18/08/2017
jinjac said:
I too applied for a PCC from Oman and got it in just few minutes ...Its very simple than getting one from India..I know dat..
Did you send Fingerprints?
Was it attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hi

Do we have to get a letter from our sponsor company to get this PCC from ROP?

Also which ROP office? Is the application in English?

Thanks

stjude_1984

Aug 19, 2017
Guys anyone tried the post mail express to the directorate . I have sent my application from UAE to Oman , any idea how long does it take to receive the police clearance certificate . Is there some where i can track ?? please ping me thanks

Jul 9, 2018
Hello guys, I have a question I lived and worked in Oman from May 5th 2009 till May 5th 2011. However, I have a new passport and I have misplaced the passport that contained the Omani visa and I also do not have the stamping page photocopy. However, I have the civil id number as well the the copy of biographic page of that passport. How can I obtain police clearance certificate. Now I live is the United States and it would be difficult to go to Oman. Any help is appreciated.

Pradeep Sahu

Jan 23, 2018
Hi Guys
I have received BC PNP and want to apply for PR. I need Oman PCC. I have submitted an application letter, my finger prints, fees(wire transfer), my passport copy with Oman visa entry and exit stamps. I can see that Canada Post has delivered it on 30th July 2018. But I don't know if ROP is working on my file or if they received it or not. I tried calling from Canada but the Oman office people are not sure and didn't answer properly.
Can someone please let me know how to contact them (email or phone).