+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Mumbai, India

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Can anybody tell me what the process for applying for a PCC in Mumbai, India?

rhy2014

Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go on the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) website and make an account. Go for the PCC option. You will have to fill the form, give 2 people's names (Family, friends or neighbours) along with their address and phone numbers. Pay online or via SBI bank, it's around Rs. 500 for PCC. Then choose your date of appointment and centre (Malad, Andheri and Worli). You will need only your passport (a copy of front page, back page and the passport officer's signature page), aadhar card (just keep another identification document from the Gov. of India, just in case) and the acknowledgement receipt to show at the PSK reception desk. They will send you to counter A for online form filling and photo clicking (the photo will be in grey so doesnt matter what you wear :p ), then they'll send you to counter B for verification and questioning and then to counter C. If all is ok, you'll get the PCC and get your passport stamped. They may ask you to wait for Police verification, in which case the local police office will try to contact you in 4-5 days. You will have to go to the police office with ALL DOCUMENTS (Phone bill, electricity Bill, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, SSC/HSC Certificates, Photographs, Passport Old/New and some other) according to the receipt given by the police officer. It usually takes a week or two after submitting your documents at the police office. You'll receive a notification (SMS or email) that your PCC is ready and you'll have to go and collect it from the PSK you applied to.

PS: Take a early morning appointment otherwise you might have to wait for 3-4 hours or more to reach counter C.

sswas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Do police come to the address for verification? I have recently renewed my passport in July however, in my passport the address is different from my current address (I now live in a rented apart from Feb) I have my rent agreement from Feb will this cause an issue? Also, do police visit home to give the clearance certificate?

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Do police come to the address for verification? I have recently renewed my passport in July however, in my passport the address is different from my current address (I now live in a rented apart from Feb) I have my rent agreement from Feb will this cause an issue? Also, do police visit home to give the clearance certificate?
Nope, they will issue you a PCC then and there..

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Are you sure police don't come for verification?
You have recently renewed your passport isn't it, did they do police verification then?

sswas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
You have recently renewed your passport isn't it, did they do police verification then?
Yes they did police verification on the address mentioned on the passport (Permanent address) however, now I stay at a different address (rented apartment). So, for PCC I will be mentioning the place where I have rented and my permanent address same as the one in passport.