+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Multiple cities- INDIA

ramneek_singh

Nov 2, 2016
Hi All.

Apologies for the long post.

Although this question has been asked multiple times but something or other always pops up in mind which makes me over-cautious with the Application.

I am living in Noida since 4 years ( at different addresses though) and prior to that 4 years in Chandigarh. My hometown is Amritsar and my Passport bears my Amritsar address.

Now, while filling up personal history form (past 10 years), I have stated Noida as current address.

And while registering on Passport website, I selected Amritsar as Passport office ( although the website states to select Passport Office as per Present Residential Address).
Next, when filing out PCC form, I entered Amritsar address as my Current address and selected that my Permanent address in same as Current Address.
I have done this because I believe it will be easy for me to get PCC from Amritsar than Noida because I have no address proof of Noida.

I have learned that PSK doesn't mention the current address or permanent address and neither the time duration and only states the issuance place ( correct me if I am wrong).

1.) Is it advisable to take PSK from Hometown?
2). Does PSK guys asks for current residential address when you go to PSK?
3). Will the Mismatch between what I have entered in personal history (Noida as current address) in PR application and 'PCC issued at Amritsar' can cause some serious concerns?

I badly want to be assured on this for once and all.

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont think this will be an issue.

PCC from PSK is applicable for whole India so you should be fine. And in Personal History you do not need to mention inter country travel; ex: i font need to mention if i went to my home town for couple of weeks. So in worst case even if they ask you can say that you went to your home two for a week in vacation and got PCC from there as PCC from PSK is applicable for whole India.

Now the PSK guys may ask where you live and if you say you are living in Noida then i am SURE they ll ask you to get PCC from there. So you know what you have to say to them ;D ;D

In my case PSK guy did asked where in live, what exactly i do as address on my passport was of my home town in Punjab and i am living in Pune.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Ayam93 said:
I dont think this will be an issue.

PCC from PSK is applicable for whole India so you should be fine. And in Personal History you do not need to mention inter country travel; ex: i font need to mention if i went to my home town for couple of weeks. So in worst case even if they ask you can say that you went to your home two for a week in vacation and got PCC from there as PCC from PSK is applicable for whole India.

Now the PSK guys may ask where you live and if you say you are living in Noida then i am SURE they ll ask you to get PCC from there. So you know what you have to say to them ;D ;D +1 for this :D

In my case PSK guy did asked where in live, what exactly i do as address on my passport was of my home town in Punjab and i am living in Pune.

Neelammandaar

Jul 19, 2017
Hi All.

Although this question has been asked multiple times but something or other always pops up in mind which makes me over-cautious with the Application.

I am living in Noida since 4 years ( at different addresses though) and prior to that 4 years in Chandigarh. My hometown is Amritsar and my Passport bears my Amritsar address.

Now, while filling up personal history form (past 10 years), I have stated Noida as current address.

And while registering on Passport website, I selected Amritsar as Passport office ( although the website states to select Passport Office as per Present Residential Address).
Next, when filing out PCC form, I entered Amritsar address as my Current address and selected that my Permanent address in same as Current Address.
I have done this because I believe it will be easy for me to get PCC from Amritsar than Noida because I have no address proof of Noida.

I have learned that PSK doesn't mention the current address or permanent address and neither the time duration and only states the issuance place ( correct me if I am wrong).

3). Will the Mismatch between what I have entered in personal history (Noida as current address) in PR application and 'PCC issued at Amritsar' can cause some serious concerns?

Hi Ramneek, I am in same situation u must be done with PCC, shall I get from Jalandhar (Gurdaspur hometown) or from delhi (staying heree for job purpose. Seeking help as i am in same dilemma.

Ravi Tathgur

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,
Same problem.
I am staying in Chandigarh for work for last 2.5 years.
My permanent address is in Delhi where my wife and kid stays.

I am a regular traveler from Chandigarh to Delhi on weekly basis and staying with my relative here.

Where should I get the PCC from.
I do not have any address proof in Chandigarh but have all the proofs from Delhi.
Please help as I have to apply this month.

Any help in the matter shall be highly appreciable.

Thanks
Ravi

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi All.

Those are different countries?

Ravi Tathgur

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,
Same problem.
I am staying in Chandigarh for work for last 2.5 years.
My permanent address is in Delhi where my wife and kid stays.

I am a regular traveler from Chandigarh to Delhi on weekly basis and staying with my relative here.

Where should I get the PCC from.
I do not have any address proof in Chandigarh but have all the proofs from Delhi.
Please help as I have to apply this month.

Any help in the matter shall be highly appreciable.

Thanks
Ravi

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
2 different states in India
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp
If you live in India:

If you are a citizen of India:

For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your district.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local district police station or online on the Delhi Police website. The website will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local district police station.

For all residents of India: You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport office on the Passport India website. The website will list what information and documents you need.

If you are not a citizen of India:
You can apply at your local district police station.

If you live outside of India:
You can apply at your nearest Indian embassy or consulate.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi All.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/downloadEFormStatic