+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Iraq

AJAYS

Nov 18, 2014
Hi all,

I have submitted all my documents for FSW (reached CIO on 13/12/2014) and waiting for further correspondence from CIC. But I am yet to submit my PCC from Iraq.

I will explain my situation:

I have been working in Baghdad, Iraq from August 2013 to April 2014 (8 months) and I quit my job the following month. As I started my FSW documentation on October, I was advised by my immigration consultant to get the PCC from India as well as from Iraq.

I got the PCC from India (issued by the passport office)on October.

As per standard procedure, I approached the Iraqi embassy in New Delhi for getting the PCC. But they said that eventhough they will accept my application, the PCC is only issued from the interior ministry in Baghdad. They will only forward my application and for this reason no acknowledgement will be issued from the embassy. Also they informed me that due to the ongoing crisis, no PCC has been issued for the past one year.

So I decided to conact my ex-employer in Baghdad for getting the PCC done. They forwarded my request to the interior ministry with proper reperesentation from their side.

Before submitting my application to the CIO, I attached a letter stating that I will submit the PCC from Iraq once it is issued. I sbmitted my application on Decemeber.

Yesterday my ex employer informed me that, the ministry has declined to issue the PCC due to ongoing crisis.

For this reason, my exemployer has decided to issue a certificate, stating that I am clear of any offences and explaining the situation in Iraq.

My queries are:

1. Can I submit the letter issued by the company to CIC?

2. Will my application for PR be rejected at any stage by the CIC due to absence of PCC?

3. Will the VO issue a visa with out a valid PCC?

Please respond at the earliest :( :(

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
You can ask for exemption from Iraq PCC since it is very difficult to get one. Submit the Letter from your company and India PCC.

AJAYS

Nov 18, 2014
ttrajan said:
You can ask for exemption from Iraq PCC since it is very difficult to get one. Submit the Letter from your company and India PCC.
Thank you for your kind reply. I have forwarded my request to my ex-employer and sent the certificate to CIC at the earliest.

Aug 5, 2016
Thanks in advance!!!
How did you manage without Iraq PCC,have you received passport request and what about your current status..
Am also in the same boat,waiting for your kind reply

AJAYS

Nov 18, 2014
georgepalathra said:
Thanks in advance!!!
How did you manage without Iraq PCC,have you received passport request and what about your current status..
Am also in the same boat,waiting for your kind reply
Hello George,

There is a provision to get PCC from Iraq, via Iraqi Consulate/Embassy if you are not working/residing in Iraq currently. It ain't a straight forward process but involves a representative in Iraq. The representative should be a Iraqi national and you should have a friend or a company representative in Iraq. If this status is okay, please proceed to nearest Iraqi Consulate/Embassy and they can simply guide you through the process.

If you are still residing in Iraq, please proceed to Ministry of External Affairs (Iraq) office located in Karada area, Baghdad. Also you can check this website for more info:

mofa.gov.iq/en/

go to consular services --> non conviction certificate

My old FSW application was rejected back in March 2015 since cap was reached on my NOC. Still in EE pool, but no progress yet.

Hope this info will help you.

gavypannu

May 29, 2017
Hi all,

I have submitted all my documents for FSW (reached CIO on 13/12/2014) and waiting for further correspondence from CIC. But I am yet to submit my PCC from Iraq.

I will explain my situation:

I have been working in Baghdad, Iraq from August 2013 to April 2014 (8 months) and I quit my job the following month. As I started my FSW documentation on October, I was advised by my immigration consultant to get the PCC from India as well as from Iraq.

I got the PCC from India (issued by the passport office)on October.

As per standard procedure, I approached the Iraqi embassy in New Delhi for getting the PCC. But they said that eventhough they will accept my application, the PCC is only issued from the interior ministry in Baghdad. They will only forward my application and for this reason no acknowledgement will be issued from the embassy. Also they informed me that due to the ongoing crisis, no PCC has been issued for the past one year.

So I decided to conact my ex-employer in Baghdad for getting the PCC done. They forwarded my request to the interior ministry with proper reperesentation from their side.

Before submitting my application to the CIO, I attached a letter stating that I will submit the PCC from Iraq once it is issued. I sbmitted my application on Decemeber.

Yesterday my ex employer informed me that, the ministry has declined to issue the PCC due to ongoing crisis.

For this reason, my exemployer has decided to issue a certificate, stating that I am clear of any offences and explaining the situation in Iraq.

My queries are:

1. Can I submit the letter issued by the company to CIC?

2. Will my application for PR be rejected at any stage by the CIC due to absence of PCC?

3. Will the VO issue a visa with out a valid PCC?

Please respond at the earliest :( :(
Hello frnd

what is your status now. ?? because now i am on same boat. pl revert ASAP

thnx

AJAYS

Nov 18, 2014
Hello frnd

what is your status now. ?? because now i am on same boat. pl revert ASAP

thnx
No hope so far. Applied for PCC through Iraqi Consulate in Mumbai and submitted the same in external affairs (Iraq) office in Baghdad . Rejected.

shazfa

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Doc's Request.
10-01-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
05-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
11-03-2017
Passport Req..
03-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
Gents, you should know someone in Iraq because without knowing someone it is a very difficult task.

shanu88

Jan 28, 2019
No hope so far. Applied for PCC through Iraqi Consulate in Mumbai and submitted the same in external affairs (Iraq) office in Baghdad . Rejected.
Can you please tell me how you proceeded with the Iraq PCC. I have also applied in Mumbai but no luck to get the pcc yet. Help plss