+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Indian consulate

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
abhi_hola said:
singh, i have a very bad outlook about Indian polices especially; these b*rds made me suffer 2 yrs for my first passport since my dad did not bribe the local police thana; not much harassment, but nothing moved (he was a 'principled school teacher'; the thanadaar knew him very well, so never asked for money either!); these folks behave as if they are zamindars & commoners are their slaves!
abhi,

i recently got my pcc from chicago.... it is expensive procedure costing 80 bucks per adult...

in stage 1 send all your documents for pcc as indicated by india consulate website with 40 bucks per adult
as fees...

after that wait for 60 days and after 60 days you can send ur passport with the required form to get the pcc
and stamp on passport that it was given for canadian immigration....

i had driven to chicago to get the pcc and they give it on the same day if you drop the passport before 12.30
if u are in a hurry u can try calling chicago consulate and talk to them... not sure if applying some $$$ ;)
will help here

differentquestion

Jan 4, 2008
Hi Ainpdude,

Are you saying that after submitting forms, you waited for 60 days, didn't receive any communication back from consulate and walkin to the Consulate office to get your PCC ?

I sent out my application in March and haven't heard anything yet. Tried phone thousand times during the hours mentioned in there website, emailed them but no communication.

Fortunately, I have the USPS Tracking number but no proof if they encashed the MO I sent.

I'm thinking to just drive from MI to Chicago to get it done. Concern is if they entertain it that way...

Regards

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
differentquestion:

I went to the Indian Consulate in Chicago for my PCC. I found the people there to be fairly reasonable and helpful (about as helpful and reasonable as you could reasonably expect Indian Government officials to be, that too in a foreign land). Depending on where you live in Michigan and the drive it would entail, it might make sense to drop in personally and see if you can get the job done.

I applied in March, I was asked to come back in May for the second step. I put off going there in May, I will probably go towards the end of June. This way I can delay my PCC stamping date while I wait for the nomination.

Cheers,

differentquestion said:
Hi Ainpdude,

Are you saying that after submitting forms, you waited for 60 days, didn't receive any communication back from consulate and walkin to the Consulate office to get your PCC ?

I sent out my application in March and haven't heard anything yet. Tried phone thousand times during the hours mentioned in there website, emailed them but no communication.

Fortunately, I have the USPS Tracking number but no proof if they encashed the MO I sent.

I'm thinking to just drive from MI to Chicago to get it done. Concern is if they entertain it that way...

Regards

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
nomad_musafir said:
abhi,

i'm not sure if diva's post has anything to do with your situation:
1. your question is regarding pcc and her post is for passport renewal.
2. you're dealing with chicago and i'm pretty sure she's talking about dc.

i guess she wanted to chime in regarding response from indian consulate in general.
Sorry, I dont visit this forum regularly these days... As nomad said, i was giving a general response from DC consulate. I had called at 10.35AM on a wednesday morning (they take packages at that time, so I guessed that they should be there at that time and called). I dont want to send my passport again to them for PCC and will be getting it done from India. Nomad's instructions are clear as to how to get from India. Basically you have to give them "something" to get your work done.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
Do we need to send Original Passport to get PCC from counslate here ?

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
differentquestion said:
Hi Ainpdude,

Regards
different :

try calling them after 11 am they surely should pick the phone... if u have applied in march then ur pcc
should be ready for pickup .... THEY NEVER CONTACTED ME .. I HAD TO RUN BEHIND THEM AND CALL THEM

when I called them few months they said if 2 months have passed and you have not heard from us then contact us..
so I called them in May and they asked me to mail original passport with 20 bucks per head to get the PCC...

I prefered to drive all the way to chicago and got it done in person...

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
engg said:
Yes they need the passport so that they can stamp on it that
"ISSUED PCC for CANADA IMMIGRATION"

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
Even in mail????

ainpdude said:
engg said:

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
engg said:
Even in mail????

ainpdude said:
engg said:
mail or in person ... it has got nothing to do with their process they need passport before
issuing pcc period !

chow

Sep 23, 2008
ainpdude said:
engg said:
Even in mail????

ainpdude said:
engg said:
They want to fill out your passport empty pages with their stamps as one in each page. No compromise in it.
mail or in person ... it has got nothing to do with their process they need passport before
issuing pcc period !

j2alberta

May 11, 2009
Dude, are you sure about the consulate mentioning "ISSUED PCC for CANADA IMMIGRATION" on the passport??
I dont think the "MISC FORM" asks you to state a reason as to why you need the PCC.

Please confirm AINP dude.

ainpdude said:
engg said:

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
j2alberta said:
Dude, are you sure about the consulate mentioning "ISSUED PCC for CANADA IMMIGRATION" on the passport??
I dont think the "MISC FORM" asks you to state a reason as to why you need the PCC.

ainpdude said:
engg said:
Misc form doesn't ask about any purpose of PCC. On Indian consulate counter, rep may ask you that which country's immigration you are applying to.

j2alberta

May 11, 2009
Agreed Citizen, but I do not plan to travel to the consulate. I plan to send it by mail.
How will they know what do I need PCC for? Do i attach a cover letter stating that I am doing it for canadian immigration?

AlbertaCitizen said:
j2alberta said:

ainpdude said:
engg said:
Misc form doesn't ask about any purpose of PCC. On Indian consulate counter, rep may ask you that which country's immigration you are applying to.

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
j2alberta said:
Agreed Citizen, but I do not plan to travel to the consulate. I plan to send it by mail.
How will they know what do I need PCC for? Do i attach a cover letter stating that I am doing it for canadian immigration?

AlbertaCitizen said:
j2alberta said:

ainpdude said:
engg said:
Definitely, That will save the time a lot unlike where they get your document and then they call you at your phone number and ask why you need PCC.