+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Indian Consulate Chicago

shadowz

Mar 5, 2019
Yes I applied through mail and got it back within a week.
I have a couple of question for the address in the form. Can you please answer them if possible?

What is the Present Address should I get India or US?

Is Permanent address mandatory to fill in the form?

Is your Present and Permanent address same as Passport?

Is your Present and Permanent address is in City or Village in India?

ankusaxe9

Jan 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have a couple of question for the address in the form. Can you please answer them if possible?

What is the Present Address should I get India or US? [AS] - Since I was in US, hence I mentioned US address

Is Permanent address mandatory to fill in the form? [AS] - Permanent address should be from India

Is your Present and Permanent address same as Passport? [AS] - Present address in US and Permanent address from India. Permanent address was matching with passport address

Is your Present and Permanent address is in City or Village in India? [AS] - It was city address

visatraveler

Mar 31, 2019
Sent our (my wife's and I) documents along with Original Passport to Chicago Consulate: reaching on March 26th.

I got back my PCC on March 29th and my wife's PCC along with passport was back on March 30th.

Got my passport renewed @ Chicago early 2018 and wife's passport is from India.

About FBI clearance: around 24 hours from the time when your fingerprints reach their office.

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Sent our (my wife's and I) documents along with Original Passport to Chicago Consulate: reaching on March 26th.

I got back my PCC on March 29th and my wife's PCC along with passport was back on March 30th.

Got my passport renewed @ Chicago early 2018 and wife's passport is from India.

About FBI clearance: around 24 hours from the time when your fingerprints reach their office.

Hi, I have few qs, would appreciate your reply back as I have to submit docs to Chicago embassy as well for PCC for me and spouse

1. Fees
My current passport is issued from Chicago Embassy : would my total fees be 2$+27$=29$ and for my wife would it be 2$+27$+42$ (should this be separate cashiers’ cheque OR combined would suffice for each applicant)

2. Forms:
Checking if there are updated versions of the below forms (as they appear to be diagonally tilted)
Miscellaneous Application form ; Personal Particulars Form

3. Regarding sending Original Passport:
Do we need to include current passport (issued from Chicago Embassy) and previous expired passport as well.

visatraveler

Mar 31, 2019
Hi, I have few qs, would appreciate your reply back as I have to submit docs to Chicago embassy as well for PCC for me and spouse

1. Fees
My current passport is issued from Chicago Embassy : would my total fees be 2$+27$=29$ and for my wife would it be 2$+27$+42$ (should this be separate cashiers’ cheque OR combined would suffice for each applicant)

2. Forms:
Checking if there are updated versions of the below forms (as they appear to be diagonally tilted)
Miscellaneous Application form ; Personal Particulars Form

3. Regarding sending Original Passport:
Do we need to include current passport (issued from Chicago Embassy) and previous expired passport as well.

The fees is $27 (I took a money order)- if from Chicago or $42.

I sent it as two packets- for two different applications.

I just used the forms from the website- Yes they are tilted, still used Adobe PDF reader to fill the form and printed it out.

I sent in my old passport as I still had valid VISAs in my old passport- I usually carry both.

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
The fees is $27 (I took a money order)- if from Chicago or $42.

I sent it as two packets- for two different applications.

I just used the forms from the website- Yes they are tilted, still used Adobe PDF reader to fill the form and printed it out.

I sent in my old passport as I still had valid VISAs in my old passport- I usually carry both.
Thank you Very much for quick reply back, IMing you,.

kvasant

Jul 28, 2018
Detroit Michigan
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2019
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
Hello all,

I applied for PCC in January this year with my passport issued in India(Ahmedabad). I renewed my passport this April from Chicago consulate. I haven't heard anything back on my old application yet. I decided to visit consulate for a new PCC after renewing my passport and I was told that my old application is still pending, so they can't issue me Pcc on new passport.

My parents visited police commissioner's office and they were asked for a 15 digit file number (my old passport had 12 digits only). I did get a file reference number from Chicago consulate (not sure if that is the file number!)

I was wondering, if anyone could share experience in this process? What documents/reference number did police in India asked for?
Thanks!

Pointedraptor

Apr 6, 2019
HI ,

Have you sent your original Passport to the embassy and did you fill the PFF form .

can you please let me know. will be much help

Thanks
Bhaskar

Pointedraptor

Apr 6, 2019
Thanks for the reply

Do you remember what exactly have you filled in PFF form?

Is Chicago your consulate.

How long does it take to get PCC .

Sorry for multiple questionss

Thanks
Bhaskar

Harsh6293

Aug 18, 2019
Hi,

What if I do not send an additional return mailing envelope with my PCC application envelope? I have included the return label but not an additional envelope in my application. Will I get my Passport and PCC back?
Please help

Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

What if I do not send an additional return mailing envelope with my PCC application envelope? I have included the return label but not an additional envelope in my application. Will I get my Passport and PCC back?
Please help

Thanks
Call / email the embassy and ask them. If they say no, send an envelop. Although, I doubt that not sending an envelop would matter.

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Hi,

Please help

Thanks
Wondering why you didn't include a envelope when you included a return label ?

In any case, best is to to contact and check what options are.

mustang123

Sep 15, 2019
Hello Experienced people with PCC,

I applied for PCC via mail for me and my wife together at Chicago Consulate. My passport was renewed at Chicago Consulate and they sent the PCC as well as passport back in a few days. However, they are going to take a month to provide PCC for my wife(her passport was issued in India).
Does anyone know the next steps? Do I need to submit any additional forms for my wife? How do I know that Chicago Consulate has received the clearance or if they are still waiting on response from India? Is there a site you can check the status?

Thank you so much in advance for your help.