Umium

Dec 1, 2014
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

I am a Indian national, currently staying in Mumbai from past few years. Post that i stayed in various cities for my studies (Other then my home town). Also, my passport was issued from my home town.

I am thinking of initiating PCC as i am expecting ITA in upcoming draws. However, I am confused whether i have to carry out PCC for all the cities i stayed in, whether separate PCC is to be done for each city or just one PCC of current location will be enough. Also, for how many years history is to be mentioned in the PCC (such as from birth to till date or like for past 10 or 5 years).

Please guide me..

Regards

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Get PCC from your PSK where you got the passport.

Umium

Dec 1, 2014
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks rajan.. any idea about the tenure???

jim.avi

Apr 9, 2016
Is it necessary to go the PSK from where we got our passports or just the nearest PSK will do? (the state in which we are currently residing)

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
jim.avi said:
Is it necessary to go the PSK from where we got our passports or just the nearest PSK will do? (the state in which we are currently residing)
I've got my passport issued at my home town, however I've applied my PCC (received just today) from a different state/city (current residence).
You can apply and get PCC issued from anywhere, however while applying for the PCC, you'll be asked to furnish Address Proof (can be Aadhaar card, Passport, Rent Agreement, bank passbook with attested photo) by your name specifically.

Also PCC issued in India (from any state) covers all your stays at different states/towns in India.

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
moderator1983 said:
I've got my passport issued at my home town, however I've applied my PCC (received just today) from a different state/city (current residence).
You can apply and get PCC issued from anywhere, however while applying for the PCC, you'll be asked to furnish Address Proof (can be Aadhaar card, Passport, Rent Agreement, bank passbook with attested photo) by your name specifically.

Also PCC issued in India (from any state) covers all your stays at different states/towns in India.
Hi,

if i understand you correctly, you can apply for PCC from your current location which may not be the same location from where the passport was issued originally from and for supporting docs we need to submit current address proof.

if my understanding is correct please respond back and what kind of time lines are we looking at in getting the PCC and do you have a link which has more info

Thanks

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
IOS9.2 said:
Hi,

if i understand you correctly, you can apply for PCC from your current location which may not be the same location from where the passport was issued originally from and for supporting docs we need to submit current address proof.
YOU GOT IT CORRECT.

if my understanding is correct please respond back and what kind of time lines are we looking at in getting the PCC and do you have a link which has more info
TOTAL TIME IS AROUND 22-25 DAYS. Here is the link

Thanks
We (me & my wife) applied for the PCC, together on 2nd May. However as my wife doesn't had any address proof specifically mentioning her name on the document, her application was rejected on that day (I was under impression that MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE and ADDRESS PROOF on my name together can be used as ADDRESS PROOF for my wife... :().
Few days later (on 13th May), I got a call from local police station for residence verification. Finally I received SMS (on 24th May) stating my PCC is ready.
Meanwhile, I got my wife's name added as a joint account holder in one of my existing (AXIS) bank account and she used a photo passbook issued by the bank as address proof and that worked well. She reapplied on 16th May but never got any call from police station. This time we approached local police station (on 4th June) and got the verification done. My wife's PCC was ready on 15th June.

Now the interest part, we both went to PSK office to collect our PCC today (20th June) and the PCC issued to us with today's date on it... :D
Officer at PSK, also stamped the passport stating PCC issued for CANADA.

gaurang.parmar

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP: 4-Jan-2016 eAPR: 30-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
PNP: 2-May-2016 eAPR: 03-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
20-May-2016
AOR Received.
30-Jul-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre-APR
Med's Done....
Pre-APR
Passport Req..
1-Mar-2017
LANDED..........
01-06-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.
I have visited XYZ country on Visitor VISA for business purpose 10 time in between 2010 to 2012 so it total time is 191 days (more than 6 months). Any visit to that country is not more than one month as Visa on Arrival is for one month only.

As per above please correct my understanding,
From 1st stmt - As I am not living in that country and I have not stayed any time for more than 1 month so I do not require to have PCC from XYZ country.
From 2nd stmt - It is mandatory if I have reside in any country total more than 6 months.

So it is total confusing. Please any one help me to guide in this case.

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
moderator1983 said:
We (me & my wife) applied for the PCC, together on 2nd May. However as my wife doesn't had any address proof specifically mentioning her name on the document, her application was rejected on that day (I was under impression that MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE and ADDRESS PROOF on my name together can be used as ADDRESS PROOF for my wife... :().
Few days later (on 13th May), I got a call from local police station for residence verification. Finally I received SMS (on 24th May) stating my PCC is ready.
Meanwhile, I got my wife's name added as a joint account holder in one of my existing (AXIS) bank account and she used a photo passbook issued by the bank as address proof and that worked well. She reapplied on 16th May but never got any call from police station. This time we approached local police station (on 4th June) and got the verification done. My wife's PCC was ready on 15th June.

Now the interest part, we both went to PSK office to collect our PCC today (20th June) and the PCC issued to us with today's date on it... :D
Officer at PSK, also stamped the passport stating PCC issued for CANADA.
thanks for the response ... the police verification is done for the local address i am staying or it goes to the orignal location where the passport was issues, question is who handles the verification part ...

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
If any address changes then they will do police verification again. Better to get PCC from PSK where passport is issued.

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
ttrajan said:
If any address changes then they will do police verification again. Better to get PCC from PSK where passport is issued.
but i dont live in the city where i got my passport made, i have moved to another city for work and have been living there for past 3 years ? what should i do in this case ? go back to the origin city and apply and not inform them that i live in another city ?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Actually they need latest India PCC. India is one country. Get PCC, where it is easy to get. If you apply from present address, they will do police verification again and PCC will be delayed. With your PSK where you got passport, you will PCC on the same day.

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
ttrajan said:
Actually they need latest India PCC. India is one country. Get PCC, where it is easy to get. If you apply from present address, they will do police verification again and PCC will be delayed. With your PSK where you got passport, you will PCC on the same day.
oh ok, didn't know that it i go to same PSK where i got my passport they would issue the PCC the same day, probably it worth it then to make trip down to my home city...

but we still need to take a online appointment and visit the PSK on that specific day or you can just walk in ?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
You need to take online appointment for PCC.