Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there. My passport was made in 2007. I have travelled to NZ. Currently in India and want to get my pcc from Ambala office. I had my last pcc for Canada almost one and half year back from same office. It was issued the same day without any police verification. My question is that If I go now for PCC, are they gonna issue my PCC same day or it will take time due to police verification ?

I heard that if you have old passport or had any pcc done more than 6 months back then there should be a police verification and the PCC may not be issued same day.

I do not have any criminal records;however, just wondering how long it takes. Anyone gone through same situation as mine here ?

gigli

Jan 5, 2015
PCC validity is for 6 months. So they will issue you another PCC even if u apply from same office, as passport seva kendra are aware of eligibility of PCC.

However, if they deny, you can get PVC ( Police Verification certificate) from Local police station. My suggestion, avoid PVC as it is lengthy process.

Go for PCC. For further query u can contact Passport seva kendra Toll Free No- 18002581800.