+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

!! PCC from India! Urgently need help!!

annie11

May 16, 2019
Hi. I am preparing my application for spousal sponsorship by my husband. I came to Canada on a study permit and my study permit expired on July 31, 2020. I've graduated. I've applied for a visitor record so that I am in status while getting my sponsorship application ready. Now I need my PCC from India. I'm in Surrey, BC. I checked the BLS website and there is a lot of confusing information.
I saw that it said on CGI Vancouver website that People on a visitor visa can't apply for a PCC? It was really concerning because I'm on implied status waiting for my visitor permit. So if someone knows anything about that rule then please let me know. I'd very much appreciate it.
Also, I was looking at the online form on the Passport Portal website and a column said "File number". I don't know what File Number they're asking for? If someone could help me, that'd be great.
Thank you.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi. I am preparing my application for spousal sponsorship by my husband. I came to Canada on a study permit and my study permit expired on July 31, 2020. I've graduated. I've applied for a visitor record so that I am in status while getting my sponsorship application ready. Now I need my PCC from India. I'm in Surrey, BC. I checked the BLS website and there is a lot of confusing information.
I saw that it said on CGI Vancouver website that People on a visitor visa can't apply for a PCC? It was really concerning because I'm on implied status waiting for my visitor permit. So if someone knows anything about that rule then please let me know. I'd very much appreciate it.
Also, I was looking at the online form on the Passport Portal website and a column said "File number". I don't know what File Number they're asking for? If someone could help me, that'd be great.
Thank you.
I saw that it said on CGI Vancouver website that People on a visitor visa can't apply for a PCC? It was really concerning because I'm on implied status waiting for my visitor permit. - Yes, you can apply for PCC even on Visitor status, but the status needs to be valid. As you have mentioned you are on implied status, you need to wait for your visitor visa approval and once you received that, you can apply for PCC at BLS.

"File number" - This the number on your passport, look on the last page on your passport, just after address details.

Just wondering, why you not applying for a Postgraduate open work permit?

annie11

May 16, 2019
I saw that it said on CGI Vancouver website that People on a visitor visa can't apply for a PCC? It was really concerning because I'm on implied status waiting for my visitor permit. - Yes, you can apply for PCC even on Visitor status, but the status needs to be valid. As you have mentioned you are on implied status, you need to wait for your visitor visa approval and once you received that, you can apply for PCC at BLS.

"File number" - This the number on your passport, look on the last page on your passport, just after address details.

Just wondering, why you not applying for a Postgraduate open work permit?
I had a part time semester and the rules make me ineligible. I would apply but I don't want to risk rejection.