+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from India for NRI

sureshbabudcm

Sep 4, 2014
Hi,

I am from India and currently in Dubai, UEA for a year. I need to get the Police Clearance Certificate from India to apply Canada PR.

Friends, could you please let me know what would be the procedure to get PCC from India or do I need to visit India in order to get PCC.

Thanks

Suresh

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Yes, get it from the Indian mission abroad. They will stamp the PCC on your passport too.

shahinsurti

Jul 6, 2017
Hi,

I am also in a similar situation. NRI living in UAE since 3 years.
I received ITA on 28th June and went to BLS and India Consulate today to apply for India PCC.

However, I was informed that my passport will be kept with consulate during the duration of the PCC. Since I am traveling for my annual leave to India next week, I will not be able to submit my passport to the consulate.

My questions are as follows:
1) Will India Consulate accept my application without my passport?
2) If not, can I apply for PCC in India during my vacation there?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Shahin

mgj26

Jul 26, 2017
I have a similar situation as @shahinsurti .
I am currently working in GB, and need to get PCC from India. Was initially planning to send passport to the HCI in London.
But I have to visit India next month, as my father is not doing well.
Can I get the PCC done in India while I am there?
I am also worried if Police verification will be required? Last time the officers came do Police verification for my parents passports, they wouldn't leave our house without 'something extra'..!!! I dont want my parents to go through the hassle again..
Any advise?

nvade

Nov 2, 2018
I have a similar situation as @shahinsurti .
I am currently working in GB, and need to get PCC from India. Was initially planning to send passport to the HCI in London.
But I have to visit India next month, as my father is not doing well.
Can I get the PCC done in India while I am there?
I am also worried if Police verification will be required? Last time the officers came do Police verification for my parents passports, they wouldn't leave our house without 'something extra'..!!! I dont want my parents to go through the hassle again..
Any advise?
Hello,
I'm in the same situation right now and was wondering if you could share your experience. Did you get your PCC from India? How was the experience? Thanks

nvade

Nov 2, 2018
Hi,

I am also in a similar situation. NRI living in UAE since 3 years.
I received ITA on 28th June and went to BLS and India Consulate today to apply for India PCC.

However, I was informed that my passport will be kept with consulate during the duration of the PCC. Since I am traveling for my annual leave to India next week, I will not be able to submit my passport to the consulate.

My questions are as follows:
1) Will India Consulate accept my application without my passport?
2) If not, can I apply for PCC in India during my vacation there?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Shahin
Hello,
I'm in the same situation right now and was wondering if you could share your experience. Did you get your PCC from India? How was the experience? Thanks

mgj26

Jul 26, 2017
Hello,
If you are planning to visit India/home-country and come back to the host country wherever you are working/studying/staying — you will need to do the PCC from the host country once you get back.
The process is very smooth through VFS in UK, you get back your pcc cerificate in 15days and no hassles.