+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from home country

mshahzad20

Aug 15, 2020
Hi Everyone,
We recently submitted an application for PR via express entry. I have a question regarding PCC for my spouse. She stayed for a year in a country other than the home country and later went to home country to visit her family for three months. The PCC that we submitted for home country is issued in June this year but 03 months period is not mentioned in it. Following the rules of PCC from IRCC, we thought that she didn't stay for six months so it is not necessary to have that time frame included in the PCC. I have read in some posts where they say that their PR applications are rejected as the full stay period was not included in the PCCs. Can you please tell us whether IRCC will reject our PR application or is it fine?
Thanks.

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
Hi Everyone,
We recently submitted an application for PR via express entry. I have a question regarding PCC for my spouse. She stayed for a year in a country other than the home country and later went to home country to visit her family for three months. The PCC that we submitted for home country is issued in June this year but 03 months period is not mentioned in it. Following the rules of PCC from IRCC, we thought that she didn't stay for six months so it is not necessary to have that time frame included in the PCC. I have read in some posts where they say that their PR applications are rejected as the full stay period was not included in the PCCs. Can you please tell us whether IRCC will reject our PR application or is it fine?
Thanks.
You need to provide the PCC which should cover her period from the age of 18 to onwards.
also please explain more about her home country.
Apply for the new PCC and upload it via webform and explain them .

If you have a screen shot of that PCC pm me so i can explain you more .

Upload new PCC ASAP via webform then you have a less chance of rejection.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Everyone,
Thanks.
The rules for PCC are as follows:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.

Each country issues PCC as per their own format. There is no requirement that the PCC be in a specific format, and neither can IRCC mandate that. There is no requirement for the PCC to mention a specific time period. The sole purpose of the PCC is to provide IRCC will the certificate that the applicant whose name appears in the PCC is not wanted in connection of any criminal case, or has no prior convictions as on the date of issuance.

The PCCs must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.

As long as you meet the above your re good.

Also, if IRCC needs any further clarification, they can ask for an updated PCC, i.e. a newer issued one.

Further, IRCC states, "[t]he officer can exercise discretion when assessing whether police certificates that do not fall within standard IRCC parameters may still be required to process the application. When necessary, an officer can use discretion in their determination of whether or not a client is admissible to Canada by using other documents or mechanisms that are available to them."

Hope this helps!

Reactions: mshahzad20

mshahzad20

Aug 15, 2020
Thanks a lot for such a detailed reply. We're satisfied that the PCCs that we submitted follow the guidelines mentioned above. Let's hope for the best.

Reactions: legalfalcon

faizamir

Star Member
May 1, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Med's Done....
13-12-2018
The rules for PCC are as follows:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.

Each country issues PCC as per their own format. There is no requirement that the PCC be in a specific format, and neither can IRCC mandate that. There is no requirement for the PCC to mention a specific time period. The sole purpose of the PCC is to provide IRCC will the certificate that the applicant whose name appears in the PCC is not wanted in connection of any criminal case, or has no prior convictions as on the date of issuance.

The PCCs must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.

As long as you meet the above your re good.

Also, if IRCC needs any further clarification, they can ask for an updated PCC, i.e. a newer issued one.

Further, IRCC states, "[t]he officer can exercise discretion when assessing whether police certificates that do not fall within standard IRCC parameters may still be required to process the application. When necessary, an officer can use discretion in their determination of whether or not a client is admissible to Canada by using other documents or mechanisms that are available to them."

Hope this helps!
Hey @legalfalcon. Just a confirmation - if someone has not lived in their home county at all and have only gone back for just two months over the past 10 years - they don’t need to apply for a PCC from their home country correct?
Thank you in advance!! :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon. Just a confirmation - if someone has not lived in their home county at all and have only gone back for just two months over the past 10 years - they don’t need to apply for a PCC from their home country correct?
Thank you in advance!! :)
As per IRCC: