Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
30-06-2020
why didn’t you apply through PSK? It’s fast. And about the change I was thinking to make, it’s not necessary as the purpose of a PCC is to check the criminal record of an applicant, so this purpose is already proved. So the IMMIGRATION PURPOSE OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP’ is not the concern. well, it’s always good to choose this but it’s not the case to make a change now.

tusharkalra89

Feb 2, 2020
I think this is wrong advise. Can you explain the logic or rule behind this?
There is no rule behind it. My consultant had told me a couple of cases got rejected for a few people as they had stayed at different cities in India and got a PCC only from one state apparently and secondly its more time consuming. I got mine from a PSK in three days. Its safer to get it from there

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Ok. Should it work if I’ve lived at same address in India.?
Why do you wanna risk your application.

Here's the Official guideline. Police PCC is only recomended for Non-indians residing in India. For Residents, only Passport PCC is recomended. If Police PCC was officialy acceptable, IRCC wouldn't have had problems listing that out along with Passport PCC and giving multiple options. People have had success getting the PR with the Police PCC but at the same time people have had rejections too. It totally depends upon the Case officer to either accept or deny the Police PCC but they can't deny the Passport PCC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html

Prabhpahul singh

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
The prob is I am in Canada, due to covid it is taking months for PCC. I've applied through BLS(Consulate) here in July but there is no positive feedback. So, I've now applied through Delhi Police Website and thinking of uploading Passport PCC through web form, if required.

dd23

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
The prob is I am in Canada, due to covid it is taking months for PCC. I've applied through BLS(Consulate) here in July but there is no positive feedback. So, I've now applied through Delhi Police Website and thinking of uploading Passport PCC through web form, if required.
If you are a non-resident of India, you should use PCC from consulate only.