PCC from Consulate General of India OUTSIDE India

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
Hi Seniors,

I have received my PCC from Consulate General of India, Johannesburg. The PCC on A4 paper says 'There is no adverse information against ***** ..... which would render him/her ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for South Africa.'

1. Should it be written as Canada or it is fine as it says "including visa for South Africa."?
2. My PCC stamp on my Passport says Endorsement No -**** Dt ***** PCC issued for South Africa.

What should I do now?

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it should be mentioned canada. Please rectify. Hope you have sufficient time to apply for new one. Other heck to speed up the process for new PCC would be to tweet to Shushma Swaraj and explain the situation.
lets suppose if you submit this PCC there are still chances your application would be rejected because this is not in the format CIC has asked for.

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
vj3171 said:
it should be mentioned canada. Please rectify. Hope you have sufficient time to apply for new one. Other heck to speed up the process for new PCC would be to tweet to Shushma Swaraj and explain the situation.
lets suppose if you submit this PCC there are still chances your application would be rejected because this is not in the format CIC has asked for.
CIC has a format for PCC?

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Format not in the sense template. But in the below link they have mentioned the channel through which we should procure the PCC.
However in your case I presume that you followed the same channel and it could be consulate's error or you did not specify for which country you are applying for.
In my Dubai and India PCC its mentioned for Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
vj3171 said:
Format not in the sense template. But in the below link they have mentioned the channel through which we should procure the PCC.
However in your case I presume that you followed the same channel and it could be consulate's error or you did not specify for which country you are applying for.
In my Dubai and India PCC its mentioned for Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
Just to re-confirm, I have followed the link and applied for India PCC from Indian Consulate in Johannesburg.
'I got Information that, they cannot have a rubber stamp for each country to be marked on Passport. eg. Canada/US/UK etc'
But I am asking for the A4 paper to be rectified as you suggested.

Also i am going to apply for SA PCC which will be written for Canada(I suppose) :) Cheers

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh god why that person is becoming such a pain. Even in my passport they have hand written PCC issued for Canada and put stamp of Consulate general of india, Dubai.
Yes my dear my A4 also has Canada mentioned in that with Consulates stamp.

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
vj3171 said:
oh god why that person is becoming such a pain. Even in my passport they have hand written PCC issued for Canada and put stamp of Consulate general of india, Dubai.
Yes my dear my A4 also has Canada mentioned in that with Consulates stamp.
That's what is the catch VJ.

They have a stamp for PCC - which in your case is hand written.
To elaborate - Endorsement No -**** Dt **** PCC issued for South Africa.
Only **** are hand written. Everything else is on the stamp.
I guess in your case, PCC issued for ****, where they mentioned Canada - Hand Written.
That's the problem.

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in my passport following is mentioned

PCC/XXXXXX (I think this is ref no.) Date

Police Clearance Issued For (Stamp)
Canada (Hand written)

Consulate General of India, Dubai (Round Stamp) Name & Signature (Consular Officer)

Hope this helps

resu

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15 - 02 - 2017
vj3171 said:
in my passport following is mentioned

PCC/XXXXXX (I think this is ref no.) Date

Police Clearance Issued For (Stamp)
Canada (Hand written)

Consulate General of India, Dubai (Round Stamp) Name & Signature (Consular Officer)

Hope this helps

Yes VJ,

Mine and yours are same except- Police Clearance Issued For South Africa (Stamp) No place for Canada :(

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I have the same and it says Canada.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
resu said:
You have the same as in from SA?
I got my PCC from the Indian high commission in London

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I got in US, and it has Canada in both places. When you apply for pcc, you need to specify the reason for applying. What you mentioned there? I applied via mail and they needed a covering letter along with my application for purpose in which I mentioned Canadian pr.

You could try one more time to rectify, but if the embassy is insistent on this, just explain this in your loe. I believe you should be fine as they just check for criminality across India for your identity, and don't have different verification for different countries. But explaining in loe when you submit your application is must.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say don't worry.

Every consulate usese different format, mine from Atlanta says no adverse record found for Passport XXXXX issued at xxxxxxx

That's it, other than that my passport was stamped saying PCC requested for canada

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi All - I got my PCC from Singapore and it has the exact wording as mentioned here. But they have not stamped anything on the passport. Is that ok?