+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Chennai

nshree85

Nov 2, 2016
Hi All.. this is reg PCC.. I live in chennai and need to apply for PCC.. can someone tell me what is the procedure?
As far as i enquired, ppl say get it from police commissioner office egmore, chennai. And few others say get it from passport office..

which is acceptable by cic?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nshree85 said:
Hi All.. this is reg PCC.. I live in chennai and need to apply for PCC.. can someone tell me what is the procedure?
As far as i enquired, ppl say get it from police commissioner office egmore, chennai. And few others say get it from passport office..

which is acceptable by cic?
From PSK. Check Passport India website and you will get all infos.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

kalees25

Mar 6, 2016
Hi don't go to police of commiser Egmore. U are in chennai which passport office near u book pcc and then book appointment online for 1000 Rupees, same day u get pcc. Easy one no need agent just do it online book appointment. pcc.

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017
I believe the PCC fees is Rs.500 and not Rs.1000

shiva.vin09

Aug 17, 2016
Is getting from PSK for Chennai residents acceptable by CIC? It mentioned in CIC website to get from local police station.

Requesting to clarify.

Here is the excerpt.

How to get a Police Certificate:
If you are a citizen of India:

If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

shiva.vin09

Aug 17, 2016
shiva.vin09 said:
Is getting from PSK for Chennai residents acceptable by CIC? It mentioned in CIC website to get from local police station.

Requesting to clarify.

Here is the excerpt.

If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

Any pointers for the above question?

Thanks,
Shiva.

IamBalvinder

Nov 13, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-17
Doc's Request.
21-Jan-17
AOR Received.
02-Jan-17
Med's Done....
16-Jan-17 (upfront)
this is a fully functional thing to get the pcc from psk...
even i am getting it from the PSK.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
shiva.vin09 said:

Requesting to clarify.

Here is the excerpt.

If you live in India:

PCCs issued from local police stations specifically covers the clearance for the applicant's stay in that region only. In India, if the applicant has stayed at the same address for their entire duration in India, then the applicant can go ahead with the PCC issued from local SP Office or District Police Station.

On the other hand, if the applicant has stayed in different cities or addresses in India, then the best would be to get PCC from PSK. PCC issued by PSK is applicable for the applicant's entire stay in India as it does not mention any address of the applicant. In this case if you go for PCC from local police station, you will need to get multiple PCCs from all the places that you have stayed at, which is not advisable. So PCC from PSK is the best and easiest to get.

Also, I have not even come across a single case where the application was rejected because the PCC was issued by PSK.