+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from Canada for Partner Who Lives in S. America. Pls. help!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hi!

I am anticipating the next step in our application process to be a request from the Mexican Visa Office to submit a PCC from Canada. My partner lived there for one year in 2012 - 2013.

Our application is at the stage of waiting for AOR2 (file transfer was about 6 weeks ago) which we might not receive and we might only get the request for the PCC. The reason we are wanting to get this done before they ask us is because my partner will be going away from his hometown for 2 months (in about 2 weeks time) to work in an industrial site in another part of his country and won't have the resources there to get the fingerprinting done. I am assuming that the Visa Office will ask for the PCC to be done through the fingerprinting method, from what I have read here.

Having read that you have to submit paper fingerprints to an accredited company that digitalizes them, in order to obtain a PCC through the RCMP, one has to find someone (local police or agency??) to get the fingerprints. However, the dilemma we have is that the agency forms are in English and everything is done in Spanish in my partner's country. We will ask the company if we need translations first for the form and then also if we need translations done for his two pieces of ID. Likely this will have to be done as many people there don't speak English and government offices deal with things only in Spanish.

This is quite the process. He has to find a translator there, I don't know if it has to be notorized etc. If he can't, then he'll have to send it to me to get notarized and then send back to take the translated forms for the fingerprinting etc. Then we have to get the company to send it to me as my partner won't be home and then I send it back to the Visa Office all this might take more than 30 days, so we thought better do it now. At this point we are awaiting an answer from this company regarding all this, but in the meanwhile I thought I would ask you very nice and knowledgeable people here this:

We have an old Police Clearance Check from August 2013, which was obtained 2 days before my partner left Canada after living here for a year. This PCC certificate was obtained through a name search of Canada's National Repository for criminal records done through the Calgary Police Service. He has only been back in Canada to visit me for 3 weeks in August 2016 and for 2 weeks in December2016/January 2017 as a visitor.

Does anyone know if IRCC/Visa Office will accept this certificate in place of a PCC done through a fingerprint search of the same database? If so, that would save us so much trouble, time and another $150 or so by the time we are done with the whole thing.

I plan on calling the IRCC call centre but sometimes I can't get through, so I thought I would pose this question here also to see if anyone has gone through this and has any insights also.

Thanks so much in advance if anyone can shed any light on this matter!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
most applicants are not required to submit RCMP reports, so why are you assuming he needs one? it says on the police report page for canada that IRCC will advise the applicant if a canadian report is needed. there really is no need to go through the process of getting a canadian report unless it's specifically requested. if he's left and returned to canada since his last RCMP report was received, it will not be accepted. they would only accept it if he's never left and returned to canada since the report was made.

he should be getting a PCC from his home country, not canada, and i believe the mexican visa office requires a request for the report from IRCC before you can get the report done. i would recommend double checking in the thread for that visa office to confirm. it may not be possible to get a head start on the mexican report. you can always request an extension when the request is made, and submit proof of the timeline issue.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
CDNPR2014 said:
most applicants are not required to submit RCMP reports, so why are you assuming he needs one? it says on the police report page for canada that IRCC will advise the applicant if a canadian report is needed. there really is no need to go through the process of getting a canadian report unless it's specifically requested. if he's left and returned to canada since his last RCMP report was received, it will not be accepted. they would only accept it if he's never left and returned to canada since the report was made.

he should be getting a PCC from his home country, not canada, and i believe the mexican visa office requires a request for the report from IRCC before you can get the report done. i would recommend double checking in the thread for that visa office to confirm. it may not be possible to get a head start on the mexican report. you can always request an extension when the request is made, and submit proof of the timeline issue.
Hi

Thanks very much for the information, I will go and ask on the Mexico thread whether I need to get the request first before trying to apply for the PCC.