+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from a foriegn country-overstayed illegally....seniors plzzz help!!!

sol999

Feb 22, 2015
Hi Seniors,

I had to submit PCC from foreign country for which I stayed 9 years ago for more than 6 months.
I had just received PCC letter from foreign country stating that I did not did any criminal conviction in that country, but there is also a statement in that letter stating as "but requested letter cannot be issued since I had overstayed illegally after expiration of temporary resident permit".

Please let me know If I submit this PCC letter to CIC, do CIC accept it or will it be a issue for the statement for overstayed illegally.
I stayed only 2 months overstay after expiry.
Please also let me know if anybody has similar issue.

Thanks,

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Re: Police certificate for European country apart from home country.

sol999 said:
Hi Seniors,

I had to submit PCC from European country stayed for more than 6 months.
I had just received PCC letter from European country stating that I did not did any criminal conviction in that country,
but requested letter cannot be issued since I had overstayed illegally after expiration of temporary resident permit.

Please let me know If I submit this PCC letter to CIC, do CIC accept it or will it be a issue for overstayed illegally.

Thanks,
Well, you don't have much wiggle room there now do you? Of course it is going to raise concerns when they see that letter. But rest assured it's not going to be a huge problem. They will dig deeper to clarify your overstay.
I'd say stick to your guts and submit the letter. It states that you are not a criminal but be prepared for your application to go under review.

On the other note, if they haven't specifically asked for that European duration, you can keep the letter to yourself and cross your fingers that they never ask for it. But if they have actually asked for it, submit the letter. Then again you are not a criminal! You're safe.

To be honest, I don't think it would be any problem. But they will bug you by dragging your app under review. Or they will simply let it go and issue you the MR, or RPRF, or landing paper.

Best of luck mate,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

rezafc said:
Well, you don't have much wiggle room there now do you? Of course it is going to raise concerns when they see that letter. But rest assured it's not going to be a huge problem. They will dig deeper to clarify your overstay.
I'd say stick to your guts and submit the letter. It states that you are not a criminal but be prepared for your application to go under review.

On the other note, if they haven't specifically asked for that European duration, you can keep the letter to yourself and cross your fingers that they never ask for it. But if they have actually asked for it, submit the letter. Then again you are not a criminal! You're safe.

To be honest, I don't think it would be any problem. But they will bug you by dragging your app under review. Or they will simply let it go and issue you the MR, or RPRF, or landing paper.

Best of luck mate,
1. You realize that you just told the OP to lie? Which to CIC is misrepresentation and results in a 5 year bar from Canada.

gates1580

Star Member
May 13, 2013
sol999 said:
Hi Seniors,

I had to submit PCC from foreign country for which I stayed 9 years ago for more than 6 months.
I had just received PCC letter from foreign country stating that I did not did any criminal conviction in that country, but there is also a statement in that letter stating as "but requested letter cannot be issued since I had overstayed illegally after expiration of temporary resident permit".

Please let me know If I submit this PCC letter to CIC, do CIC accept it or will it be a issue for the statement for overstayed illegally.
I stayed only 2 months overstay after expiry.

Thanks,
You have made one mistake by overstaying illegally in one country. By not being truthful and not submitting the PCC, you will be making a 2nd mistake with a second country's immigration system.
Consulting an immigration attorney would be the best course of action.
If it were me, I would be truthful & submit the PCC along with an explanation letter of why I overstayed my visa with the first country.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014

PMM said:
Hi

1. You realize that you just told the OP to lie? Which to CIC is misrepresentation and results in a 5 year bar from Canada.
No I didn't tell him/her to lie! Read carefully before you accuse me mate! You can see that I actually prompted the OP to submit the PCC.
To me it's not clear if CIC has specifically asked for that European duration or is it just the applicant that wants to submit the PCC!

Then again read carefully before you accuse me of encouraging the applicant to lie!

Thanks,

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014

PMM said:
Hi

I see where the confusion comes from. I should have said: Submit your PCC, to be honest, I don't think it would be any problem. But they will bug you by dragging your app under review. Or they will simply let it go and issue you the MR, or RPRF, or landing paper.

I guess that's the last line that made the confusion! Oh well, I have no more comments on this threat. And I absolutely agree with gates1580.

bouncer

Mar 17, 2014
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpc Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 14
Doc's Request.
9th Feb 14
AOR Received.
17 March 14
IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
+1 to Gates and PMM for correct suggestion. First of all you should have mentioned in application queationnare regarding overstay. No one here would encourage you to hide. Go ahead and submit this letter. Overstaying is a problem when you apply for Visa not when applying for PR