+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for India

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
First of all congrats to everyone who received ITA today. Finally our day came.

Experts please help!!

I read it somewhere that to be on the safe side I should get PCC from India too. I already got my PCC from Embassy in Vancouver. Can I even get an Indian PCC if I live in Canada?

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
The PPC given by the Embassies comes from India....there is no difference except that you apply it from India.....Rest the seniors can comment!

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
nidakh said:
The PPC given by the Embassies comes from India....there is no difference except that you apply it from India.....Rest the seniors can comment!
Thanks Nidakh. That's what I thought but wanted to confirm

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
samonfire_007 said:
Thanks Nidakh. That's what I thought but wanted to confirm
U need to have PCC from 18th Birthday. So if u have lived more than 6 month other Canada from ur last birthday get the PCC. Yes u can apply for PCC through Indian embessy or get it done directly from your residential address in ur home country.

Police certificates

You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide a valid police certificate for each country other than Canada, in which you have spent six or more months since the age of 18.

Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.
If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

We will also do our own background checks to determine if there are grounds under which you and your dependants may be inadmissible to Canada.

For specific and up-to-date information, see our guide on how to get a police certificate.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5527etoc.asp , http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

I hope this will hep u

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks DreamCanada16. This was realy helpful. One more question. I have read multiple threads about validity of PCC. Do you know how long is the PCC valid for? I applied my PCC from Embassy and got it in May 2016. Would that be still valid or I need to get a new one?

DreamCanada16 said:
U need to have PCC from 18th Birthday. So if u have lived more than 6 month other Canada from ur last birthday get the PCC. Yes u can apply for PCC through Indian embessy or get it done directly from your residential address in ur home country.

Police certificates

You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide a valid police certificate for each country other than Canada, in which you have spent six or more months since the age of 18.

Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.
If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

We will also do our own background checks to determine if there are grounds under which you and your dependants may be inadmissible to Canada.

For specific and up-to-date information, see our guide on how to get a police certificate.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5527etoc.asp , http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

I hope this will hep u

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
samonfire_007 said:
Thanks DreamCanada16. This was realy helpful. One more question. I have read multiple threads about validity of PCC. Do you know how long is the PCC valid for? I applied my PCC from Embassy and got it in May 2016. Would that be still valid or I need to get a new one?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18. For example:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a langua

Djikstra

Feb 25, 2016
nidakh said:
PCC given by the Embassy does not come from India, it is issued by the Embassy locally. It is perfectly valid. You do not need to apply again in India.

As a matter of fact, if you are currently residing outside India, you should submit the PCC from the respective consulate/embassy.

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you DreamCanada16. You have been really helpful

DreamCanada16 said:
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18. For example:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a langua
Thanks for your response.

Djikstra said:
PCC given by the Embassy does not come from India, it is issued by the Embassy locally. It is perfectly valid. You do not need to apply again in India.

As a matter of fact, if you are currently residing outside India, you should submit the PCC from the respective consulate/embassy.