+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for Citizenship

ramgop

Jun 9, 2021
Hi

Need a clarification. We moved from India (Country of origin) and landed as Permanent Resident. We did not travel to India after that. So, there is no need for new Police certificate from India. Is it correct.

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
You did submit one with your PR application, correct?

Note: If you were in your country or territory of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this
four (4) year period, you are not required to provide a police certificate. Please indicate this in the explanation box.
The police certificate must either have been issued:
• After the last time you were in that country or territory; or
• No more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi

Need a clarification. We moved from India (Country of origin) and landed as Permanent Resident. We did not travel to India after that. So, there is no need for new Police certificate from India. Is it correct.
As long as India was your country of origin immediately before establishing Permanent Residence in Canada AND you submitted a PCC for India with your PR application, you don't have to submit a PCC from India for your citizenship application.

ramgop

Jun 9, 2021
You did submit one with your PR application, correct?

Note: If you were in your country or territory of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this
four (4) year period, you are not required to provide a police certificate. Please indicate this in the explanation box.
The police certificate must either have been issued:
• After the last time you were in that country or territory; or
• No more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application.
Yes we submitted at the time of PR application. Thanks for clarification

ramgop

Jun 9, 2021
As long as India was your country of origin immediately before establishing Permanent Residence in Canada AND you submitted a PCC for India with your PR application, you don't have to submit a PCC from India for your citizenship application.
Thanks for the calrification

svg_dxb

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
UAE (DUBAI)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
Hi there, I'm applying for citizenship for my son, who was in India after we landed as PR, however he is a minor. Does he also need a PCC?

svg_dxb

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
UAE (DUBAI)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
Thanks, was confused as for adults, if they have spent time outside Canada after landing, they need to provide PCC for the country they spent 180 days or more. Appreciate the link Raj. I couldn't find it hence logged in here after 5 years. :)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Hi.. In my case, i became a PR in June 2018, landed in Canada for 2 weeks and went back to my home country in June 2018.. came back permanently in May 2019 and have been here since.. i was looking to apply for citizenship but realised that i would need a PCC for self and wife.. now I am going on vacation to India again in July 2022 for 3 weeks.. can i get the PCC from India (instead of applying it from here in Canada)? Is that acceptable to IRCC as a valid PCC?