+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for CHINA

gurharry

Nov 22, 2018
Hello everyone

So, this is my situation : I was living in Hong Kong for nearly 2 years and have been travelling off and on to Shenzhen ( China) since its across the border and my family lives there. Since the age of 18, I had multiple travels to Shenzhen to visit my family. Every time i was issued wither L or M type China visa . ( I am currently living in Taiwan now)

Since IRCC sends a request letter to apply for PCC for Hong Kong, I received that on 16th Feb,2019 and in the section of "UPLOAD DOCUMENTS" , it created a new row to upload my document , naming "POLICE CERTIFICATES(MULTIPLE) .

So, before submission of AOR , i was only requested for 2 police certificates - one from Taiwan and one from Hong Kong.I submitted for taiwan back then and gave LOE for hk PCC regarding the request letter from IRCC. (I already applied HK PCC yesterday - 18th Feb,2019 though ). I also lived for few years in India after the age of 18 , but INDIAN PCC was never requested ( I personally have it though ) .

I am confused about the "MULTIPLE PCC" requested in that option. When I clicked the HINT (?) part , it says me the following information :

"You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you have spent 6 months or more. A police certificate is a copy of your criminal record, or a declaration of the absence of any criminal record.
Example: If you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate. "

Now, this actually related to my travel history to china as well, since I easily spent more than 180 days, considering the above stated scenario. But after referring to some websites, CHINA doesnt provide PCC on Visa type M and L.

What should I do in this case ? Does the multiple PCC include - Hong Kong , Taiwan , India (and CHINA) as well ?

Thanks in advance

Beef000

Jul 15, 2020
Hello everyone

So, this is my situation : I was living in Hong Kong for nearly 2 years and have been travelling off and on to Shenzhen ( China) since its across the border and my family lives there. Since the age of 18, I had multiple travels to Shenzhen to visit my family. Every time i was issued wither L or M type China visa . ( I am currently living in Taiwan now)

Since IRCC sends a request letter to apply for PCC for Hong Kong, I received that on 16th Feb,2019 and in the section of "UPLOAD DOCUMENTS" , it created a new row to upload my document , naming "POLICE CERTIFICATES(MULTIPLE) .

So, before submission of AOR , i was only requested for 2 police certificates - one from Taiwan and one from Hong Kong.I submitted for taiwan back then and gave LOE for hk PCC regarding the request letter from IRCC. (I already applied HK PCC yesterday - 18th Feb,2019 though ). I also lived for few years in India after the age of 18 , but INDIAN PCC was never requested ( I personally have it though ) .

I am confused about the "MULTIPLE PCC" requested in that option. When I clicked the HINT (?) part , it says me the following information :

"You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you have spent 6 months or more. A police certificate is a copy of your criminal record, or a declaration of the absence of any criminal record.
Example: If you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate. "

Now, this actually related to my travel history to china as well, since I easily spent more than 180 days, considering the above stated scenario. But after referring to some websites, CHINA doesnt provide PCC on Visa type M and L.

What should I do in this case ? Does the multiple PCC include - Hong Kong , Taiwan , India (and CHINA) as well ?

Thanks in advance
hi did you get an answer on this? i'm on the same boat and not sure what to do with Shenzhen / China PCC. Thanks.

Beef000

Jul 15, 2020
YEs you need tosubmit all PCC,

get all PCC's and combine them in 1 file (pdf) and upload it .
What if we can't get it? Shenzhen has a rule that you must lived there for 6 months in a row, and also has filed a temporary residence form (which, most people don't do).
In this case, how to convincingly tell the officer I've tried my best effort to obtain one?

Jatin1989

Aug 18, 2020
What if we can't get it? Shenzhen has a rule that you must lived there for 6 months in a row, and also has filed a temporary residence form (which, most people don't do).
In this case, how to convincingly tell the officer I've tried my best effort to obtain one?

I am not sure about specific case and area. May be you should consult with some immigration consultant for this.
But geneal saying, we need to submit PCC, if we lived in a country for more than six month in a FY (in a row OR not) in last 10 years.

just fr example in my case: I lived in Shanghai for 18 months and i did my temporary residence registration in local police station at that time, so i received PCC

Beef000

Jul 15, 2020
I am not sure about specific case and area. May be you should consult with some immigration consultant for this.
But geneal saying, we need to submit PCC, if we lived in a country for more than six month in a FY (in a row OR not) in last 10 years.

just fr example in my case: I lived in Shanghai for 18 months and i did my temporary residence registration in local police station at that time, so i received PCC
I thought for other country it is 6 months in a row?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.