+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC Expiry Date???

uzair96

Oct 14, 2017
I have a PCC for India which I received last year in November. I did not visit India after that and nor do I plan to visit India until I get my PR. If I get an invite for PR after 3 months from now, so in total, my PCC is old by 15 months. Will my PCC considered VALID and ACCEPTED by IRCC? There is no specific or concrete information by IRCC on their website. Please advise if you may have any knowledge or experience for the same situation? Thanks in advance.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have a PCC for India which I received last year in November. I did not visit India after that and nor do I plan to visit India until I get my PR. If I get an invite for PR after 3 months from now, so in total, my PCC is old by 15 months. Will my PCC considered VALID and ACCEPTED by IRCC? There is no specific or concrete information by IRCC on their website. Please advise if you may have any knowledge or experience for the same situation? Thanks in advance.
You can submit that. If IRCC wants a new one they will request that once your application starts processing.

garretb88

Sep 24, 2021
That's a similar case like me, I got PCC done last year in June and I did not go back to India.
should i go for new PCC or i can use the existing one?

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
It is indeed mentioned on the IRCC website, you should be good to upload this as they request it after the last time you stayed there for 6 continuous months so I don’t think it matters if your PCC is old , although IRCC may request one later. I also used which I got 11 months before and have submitted the same.

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Jackievek

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
You can submit that. If IRCC wants a new one they will request that once your application starts processing.
What if I visited for 4 weeks ?

My PCC dated 12 Feb, 2022. But visited the country for 4 weeks in April - May.

Recently, Recevied ITA and I uploaded the same PCC, but just find out that my application might get rejected due to this, However In IRCC website it's wrtitten that you only need if you stayed more than 6 months in a row.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

Recently, Recevied ITA and I uploaded the same PCC, but just find out that my application might get rejected due to this, However In IRCC website it's wrtitten that you only need if you stayed more than 6 months in a row.
Right, this is what I have read. If you are doubtful I would recommend another PCC.

Reactions: Jackievek

seekerofinfo

Jan 26, 2022

Hi, what source told you that you might get rejection? I am in a similar situation and I thought it won't be an issue as I am not styaing in India for 6 months or more.

Jackievek

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
Not any crediable source, asked in various FB group, turns out that it's greay area from IRCC and also seen various rejection due to this.

FYI, I confirmed with IRCC's twitter handle, they confirmed that they not required new.

Thank you for clarifying but the same rule would apply. You only need a new certificate that was issued after you spent 6 months or more continuously in that country.
But, for safer side, I re-appiled for PCC and my plan is to submit it by webform.

sj7762

Jan 7, 2023
Not any crediable source, asked in various FB group, turns out that it's greay area from IRCC and also seen various rejection due to this.

FYI, I confirmed with IRCC's twitter handle, they confirmed that they not required new.

But, for safer side, I re-appiled for PCC and my plan is to submit it by webform.
Hi, what source told you that you might get rejection? I am in a similar situation and I thought it won't be an issue as I am not styaing in India for 6 months or more.
Hi, I am in the same position. I visited for. a week after my PCC got issued. Will it be an issue? i was thinking of mentioning it in my LOE that I can provide. a new one incase they require. The website v clearly mentions: must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi, I am in the same position. I visited for. a week after my PCC got issued. Will it be an issue? i was thinking of mentioning it in my LOE that I can provide. a new one incase they require. The website v clearly mentions: must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.
not needed if it was issued after last 6 months stay… issue date shud be after your last 6 months stay.. i also stayed for 2 months in India after pcc was issued on vacation. I did mention in in LOE and I got my PR approved as ircc requirement is clear

Jackievek

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
Yup same. NO PCC required. Though I re-applied and submitted afterwards using webform. (I think it was waste of energy and money + ultimately it might delayed my appliaction).
PS. I recevied my PR CARD last week.

cheery27

Jan 1, 2024
not needed if it was issued after last 6 months stay… issue date shud be after your last 6 months stay.. i also stayed for 2 months in India after pcc was issued on vacation. I did mention in in LOE and I got my PR approved as ircc requirement is clear
Hi
I got My PCC in June 26.2023. After that I never went to India. I got my ITA November 27,2023. I filed my application January 01,2023. Now my pcc is more than 6 months old. Does my pic is valid now. Please reply?

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi
I got My PCC in June 26.2023. After that I never went to India. I got my ITA November 27,2023. I filed my application January 01,2023. Now my pcc is more than 6 months old. Does my pic is valid now. Please reply?
If your PCC issued on June 26,2023 was after last 6 months long+ stay in India( issued date should be after your exit date of your last 6 months stay) , then it is valid still today. india pcc doesnt have any expiry date. My pcc was almost a year old when I submitted it and no issues as I never went to India for 6 months stay after I got my PCC

cheery27

Jan 1, 2024
If your PCC issued on June 26,2023 was after last 6 months long+ stay in India( issued date should be after your exit date of your last 6 months stay) , then it is valid still today. india pcc doesnt have any expiry date. My pcc was almost a year old when I submitted it and no issues as I never went to India for 6 months stay after I got my PCC
Thank you so much, I went to India on February 01,2023 and came back canada on April 4'2023. So it's only 2 months. And I applied my PCC on April 15th 2023, and got it on June 26, 2023.

Hence my PCC is valid? Am I correct?

Once again thank you so much for reply, means a lot...