+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC document is 'incorrect' because the document template and stamp use did not match IRCC records

hh00

Jul 7, 2019
Hi all,

I recently received a letter from IRCC regarding my express entry application indicating that the police clearance certificate from China (Shenzhen) I provided was incorrect.

After chatting with someone from IRCC on the phone, I was told the notes actually indicated that the document template and the stamp on the document does not match records in IRCC even though we were certain the document obtained was the right document (I got the Certificate of No Criminal Records because I was unable to obtain the Notary certificate of No Criminal Convictions because I was not in China, my dad obtained the document in my place as a representative and we followed all the steps necessary for it, very literally from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/china.html)

I was told I could try to obtain a letter from the police security bureau in Shenzhen that says the letter they provided was indeed the Certificate of No Criminal Records but I have a feeling China would not be willing to provide such a letter.
I was wondering if a letter from my father indicating his steps and correspondence with the police security bureau along with an affidavit saying his word was true and accurate would be useful in this case as it seems like a whole lotta of something out of my control and obtaining another PCC would be pointless as they might just provide the exact same document again.

Some advice from anyone who had a similar issue would be appreciated! How should I explain my case/submit additional documents to the officer in charge of my case?? Honestly any help right now would be good because it would be very unfair and unfortunate if I were to be rejected for a situation that is completely out of my control.

marunine281

Jun 26, 2019
AOR Received.
JULY 7, 2019
Hi, I know when they notarise the PCC, they will include a copy of the PCC and certify that copy is true and it's translation. So what part is wrong? The PCC or the notarization? Which template does IRCC mean not correct? The template and stamp of the notarization or the PCC itself ?

When is you AoR? Did they send you this as part of completeness check or part of criminality? How many days do you have to prepare this?

hh00

Jul 7, 2019
Hi, I know when they notarise the PCC, they will include a copy of the PCC and certify that copy is true and it's translation. So what part is wrong? The PCC or the notarization? Which template does IRCC mean not correct? The template and stamp of the notarization or the PCC itself ?

When is you AoR? Did they send you this as part of completeness check or part of criminality? How many days do you have to prepare this?
So when my father obtained the PCC for me, he was told by city hall in Shenzhen that he was unable to get the document notarised in China because that required me to be there in person for that (unsure why), as a result I only have the Certificate of No Criminal Offense, not the Notarised Certificate of No Criminal Offense which according to IRCC is acceptable as long as you provide the original document scan along with a notarised translation.

As quoted from Immigration Canada "Only the original Certificate of No Criminal Convictions issued by the local police station/Public Security Bureau (PSB) office, or the original Notary Certificate of No Criminal Convictions issued by the Notary Public Office is accepted. You must give your original certificate and notarized translation of the certificate to the immigration office processing your application."

When asked, I was told IRCC said the template of which the documentation was written and the stamp used was different and thus concluded the document was incorrect.

My AoR was March 5th, 2019 and I have a month from July 5th to state my case for this or obtain a new PCC from Shenzhen.

marunine281

Jun 26, 2019
AOR Received.
JULY 7, 2019
Seems to me the problem is you PCC is not notarised in China. Can you have your father go back to ask why they could not notarise it in China. Probably the thing is you need to give him an authorization letter signed by you. 30 days is tight for all this. Move fast. Good luck!

marunine281

Jun 26, 2019
AOR Received.
JULY 7, 2019
Quote:

Name of document(s) to obtain:
  1. Certificate of No Criminal Convictions (issued by the local police station and Public Security Bureau (PSB) office) orNotary Certificate of No Criminal Convictions (issued by the Notary Public Office) and,
  2. a notarized translation.
There is an AND, so you need a notarised translation. It's different from certified translation. I believe you could only get it in China.

Reactions: hh00

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
If you are a Chinese citizen, the only acceptable PCC is the one issued by notary office which is in both Chinese and English, not the one from PSB.

移民局只接受公证处出具的中英文版的无犯罪证明

hh00

Jul 7, 2019
If you are a Chinese citizen, the only acceptable PCC is the one issued by notary office which is in both Chinese and English, not the one from PSB.
I am not a Chinese citizen, I was a Singaporean who was studying high school in China prior to moving to Canada for University.

hh00

Jul 7, 2019
Quote:

Name of document(s) to obtain:
  1. Certificate of No Criminal Convictions (issued by the local police station and Public Security Bureau (PSB) office) orNotary Certificate of No Criminal Convictions (issued by the Notary Public Office) and,
  2. a notarized translation.
There is an AND, so you need a notarised translation. It's different from certified translation. I believe you could only get it in China.
I was told by my dad that he was told he could not obtain a notarised translation of that document for me because I was not there in person. Is that actually even a thing? Would it be possible for the Chinese Embassy to help authenticate the document at very least?

hh00

Jul 7, 2019
Moreover, It was said on the website the original document from the PSB was acceptable. Now I just don't know about the notarised translation part. Could I still get a notarised translation in Canada if I could get it authenticated?

marunine281

Jun 26, 2019
AOR Received.
JULY 7, 2019
I was told by my dad that he was told he could not obtain a notarised translation of that document for me because I was not there in person. Is that actually even a thing? Would it be possible for the Chinese Embassy to help authenticate the document at very least?
I had the same problem. My mother was at the Notary public office and she was told she need a copy of my ID and a authorization letter signed by me. It is mentioned on IRCC website if you are sending a representative to get it for you. You'll need it. Google it and you will find a template. I believe it must be in Chinese! Sign and send it to your father along with a copy of your ID.

Original issued by Police Station is acceptable but you have to bring it to the notary public and get a notarised translation.