+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC - Digital Signature required?

Freestyler

Aug 17, 2015
Hi,
I wanted clarification regarding something. I am in Delhi, India and applied for PCC. I got it in a week's time, but the signature is not digital, even though the police website mentioned that it would be. I have a friend applying with me and she has received a similar PCC, with no digital signature. However, another friend applied last year and his PCC was digitally signed. I have no idea why they have reverted to handwritten signatures.

Would this be a reason for rejection? If so, I will follow up and try to get them to give me a digitally signed certificate.

Also, the date they have mentioned that this person is residing here from xxxx to present is not the right date. They have mentioned according to when one of your official documents was changed and not as per your bills etc. which might show the correct date. This will not match with my personal history mentioned on the CIC website. It's the same for my friend applying with me as well. Should I take this up as well?

Your views would be really appreciated, and comments from Indians who have gone through this might be especially useful.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Google on how to get a 'green tick' on the pdf ie, validate a signature in a pdf file, it's easy. The dates mentioned on the PCC are random dates, it would not cause any hurdles in the processing of your application. The address, name on the PCC should match that in your Passport, that's it.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Freestyler said:
Hi,
I wanted clarification regarding something. I am in Delhi, India and applied for PCC. I got it in a week's time, but the signature is not digital, even though the police website mentioned that it would be. I have a friend applying with me and she has received a similar PCC, with no digital signature. However, another friend applied last year and his PCC was digitally signed. I have no idea why they have reverted to handwritten signatures.

Would this be a reason for rejection? If so, I will follow up and try to get them to give me a digitally signed certificate.

Also, the date they have mentioned that this person is residing here from xxxx to present is not the right date. They have mentioned according to when one of your official documents was changed and not as per your bills etc. which might show the correct date. This will not match with my personal history mentioned on the CIC website. It's the same for my friend applying with me as well. Should I take this up as well?

Your views would be really appreciated, and comments from Indians who have gone through this might be especially useful.
Hey,

Check the link http://205.147.111.68:81/QUESTIONARY.pdf and go to page 4 and follow the steps. It is easy to validate the signature.

Good luck.

K

Freestyler

Aug 17, 2015
I know how to validate the signature, guys. It's just not been digitally signed. It's been manually signed.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I m from delhi too, i got it done from the pp office, just did scan of the letter is it ok to do it like this ?

ADteam

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my pcc from delhi passport office and it is manually signed too. Would that be a problem? Also my passport is from Mumbai and my husband's is from punjab But we have been living in delhi. And got Pcc from delhi passport office . I hope that would work.

Freestyler

Aug 17, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
I imagine that should be fine. CIC doesn't insist on digital signatures on an Indian PCC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp
Under If you are a citizen of India and if you live in India, For Residents of Delhi, it says if you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

Does electronically imply digitally signed? Would you have any idea if manually signed PCC are given out from other countries as well and accepted by CIC?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Freestyler said:
Under If you are a citizen of India and if you live in India, For Residents of Delhi, it says if you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

Does electronically imply digitally signed? Would you have any idea if manually signed PCC are given out from other countries as well and accepted by CIC?
All the time - no one has reported a digital signature issue with a PCC yet. I imagine your PCC would be just fine. It is issued by the competent authorities and is signed & dated within the last 6 months - that should be enough.

Freestyler

Aug 17, 2015
Thanks for that, Asivad Anac.

In case anybody wants to know, I had written back to them, asking if a digital signature was possible. I just got a call back from them, and they said they are doing it manually only as many people weren't able to figure out how to validate the signature and that was causing issues.