Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
i've been living in the same house since 1981 and all my passports since have the same address. for some reason, the PCC says residence since 2011.

will this be a problem?

qnl83

May 22, 2017
i've been living in the same house since 1981 and all my passports since have the same address. for some reason, the PCC says residence since 2011.

will this be a problem?
Hi, Hope you are well. I faced a similar issue.

The police officers who would have visited your place must have asked you for a copy of an ID. Unfortunately, without even telling you this, they used the date of issue on that ID as a proof of stay. Simply, they'd say that you have been living there since XYZ date by the virtue of the date on that ID. Even if you mentioned something else on the online form you filled, it will be blatantly ignored. Welcome to Indian bureacracy. I called time and again asking them to fix it but to no avail. They asked me to file another request and show an ID issued earlier than before. I had been living in that house since i was a kid.

To cut things short, go to the passport website and request a verification. You can book an appoinment for this online. They dont mention any dates on the certificate and it takes about an hour to process, assuming there is no need for any special checks.

I havent been asked for additional documents after my AOR and I have passed my medical. So I assume it worked. Do ask for a secound opinion though.Hope this helps.

PS: I have never written on this forum ever, but i remember my harrowing experience which encouraged me to make a profile and post a reply.

Reactions: emsea405

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
thanks. did you have a police verification? this has thrown my whole process out by atleast a week

qnl83

May 22, 2017
thanks. did you have a police verification? this has thrown my whole process out by atleast a week
I hear you about the time. Its painful. I had the verification, it wasnt pleasant. Same issue as yours. The officer showed up unnanounced at 1 pm. What working person is home at that time? Had to come back because the officer said they would reschedule but wont tell me a day or time. Although, they were prompt that way as he came for the verification just a few days after the request. I have to give them that.

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
i can't complain about the courtesy bit. very much courteous and didnt' waste my time at all.

i'm surprised more people haven't commented on this- i'm sure a lot of applicants from delhi and they're getting PCCs from Delhi police.

Reactions: qnl83

qnl83

May 22, 2017
i can't complain about the courtesy bit. very much courteous and didnt' waste my time at all.

i'm surprised more people haven't commented on this- i'm sure a lot of applicants from delhi and they're getting PCCs from Delhi police.
I went through the forum itself and found out that thats one solution. I guess you may have to dig a little. Best of luck with the application!

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
If your current address and passport address is same then if you book your PCC from PSK(Passport Seva Kendra).. your work will be done in an hour or so.. they will give you the PCC on the day of your appointment.. with thappa on your passport and a letter (nothing but your PCC)..

Reactions: amaniyar and qnl83

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
thanks. i got this done today. today just over an hour as it was really crowded. couple of notes to help the next person:
1. no changes in my passport so i was given the PCC immediately and was also given a stamp in my passport (remember that Delhi Police had done verification for their PCC already)
2. the person next to me was told to wait for a week. i don't know what his situation is.

Reactions: qnl83

Honey7949

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
AINP: June 25, 2015, CIC: January 27,2017
Doc's Request.
January 05, 2017
Nomination.....
January 05, 2017
AOR Received.
March 15, 2017
Hi, Is the police clearance certificate from District good enough or do I have to get PCC from Indian consulate in canada. The processing time for that is 4-6 weeks

qnl83

May 22, 2017
thanks. i got this done today. today just over an hour as it was really crowded. couple of notes to help the next person:
1. no changes in my passport so i was given the PCC immediately and was also given a stamp in my passport (remember that Delhi Police had done verification for their PCC already)
2. the person next to me was told to wait for a week. i don't know what his situation is.
Thats great news! By the by, I was reading something here which said that when uploading PCC it should be a colored scan. ( the thread is called - Reasons for Rejection or something ) Just thought would let you know. Mine is grayscale. Im a scare cat right now. Haha

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thats great news! By the by, I was reading something here which said that when uploading PCC it should be a colored scan. ( the thread is called - Reasons for Rejection or something ) Just thought would let you know. Mine is grayscale. Im a scare cat right now. Haha
I don't think this should be an issue. Since the doc itself is be. But I finally understand why they use blue ink to stamp or sign. *hint*