+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pcc Certificate

Priyankac

Apr 14, 2018
Hi guys some one pls give me suggestions as I'm applying for the pcc Certificate from UK I have not paid mobile bills and got caught for not paying bus fare will it be rejected for the Canada pr application pls do some one help me with the question

Priyankac

Apr 14, 2018
Unpaid cellphone bills do not form criminal record. Were you arrested and prosecuted for not paying bus fare? If you received a penalty and were not prosecuted, you are fine if you paid it off.
But to say frankly I didn't pay it off and I didn't receive any information about this and didn't arrested and didn't went to court what to do pls some give me suggestions

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
In the UK all offenses will appear on your PCC unless it was a fixed penalty notice (FPN). However, if you haven't paid the fine by the determined time or asked for extension, then your case would have been reported to CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) and a court summons would likely have been sent. For this reason this offense may later appear on your PCC unless you get the case dismissed or dropped.

For PR however there is no need to worry because the offense in question is not under the Canadian Criminal Code and so your application cannot be refused for it.

Osarodion

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hi guys some one pls give me suggestions as I'm applying for the pcc Certificate from UK I have not paid mobile bills and got caught for not paying bus fare will it be rejected for the Canada pr application pls do some one help me with the question
My advance for you is to pay.
The crime is codified in Section 393 (3) of the Criminal Code which reads:

Fraud in relation to fares, etc.

Fraudulently obtaining transportation

393 (3) Every one who, by any false pretence or fraud, unlawfully obtains transportation by land, water or air is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018

393 (3) Every one who, by any false pretence or fraud, unlawfully obtains transportation by land, water or air is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
Not really. That offense relates to fraudulently obtaining transportation, i.e. with a forged ticket or pass, not for someone who simply forgot to pay because it is obvious in the second instance. Also, in the offense it is necessary to show mens rea intent (i.e. criminal intent to defraud) whereas a fixed penalty ticket would most likely be a strict liability offense.

Osarodion

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Not really. That offense relates to fraudulently obtaining transportation, i.e. with a forged ticket or pass, not for someone who simply forgot to pay because it is obvious in the second instance. Also, in the offense it is necessary to show mens rea intent (i.e. criminal intent to defraud) whereas a fixed penalty ticket would most likely be a strict liability offense.
I just want to get one thing clear.
Are you saying penalty fare or unpaid fare notice won’t affect PR?

Last edited:

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
I just want to get one thing clear.

Are you saying penalty fare or unpaid fare notice went affect PR?
Can't definitely say without comparing the foreign law in each case. However, as with most countries in the world unpaid bus fare is usually not a crime but rather a regulatory offense, in which case the language of offense will lack the motivation or intent required to show fraud. For example, the code might just say: Anyone caught riding a bus or metro without a valid ticket commits the offense. A person who actually purchases a valid ticket, but loses it somewhere along the route is still guilty whereas in the Canadian offense you quoted he is not.

To clarify things further for you, there are actually provincial offenses for this type of violation. You can find "traveling without appropriate fare" under Ontario's provincial offenses act which is for just about anyone caught without a ticket. It is just $85 fine at the time of this writing, and not a criminal record as you might think.

Reactions: Osarodion

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015

For a 2 pounds bus fare? I don't think so...

Reactions: Osarodion