+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC (7 days + 5 full months + 5 days) = 166 days

JSB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Friends,

I lived in US for about 5 months and 12 days (exactly 166 days). Do I need to submit my PCC for USA? I am confused coz its 166 days in count but the stay is from Mar 25th to Sep 5th. If the VO goes by month, it will be Mar (7 days), Apr, May, Jun, July, Aug and Sep (5 days) which will be 7 months. Is it better if I attach a cover letter explaining the dates? Appreciate your suggestions.

JSB

resubmitmypr

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
17-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
orebaron said:
I would get pcc
I agree. It's better to get one now when you have time then to apply it later when CIC requests for it (delaying your application processing).

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Although, strictly speaking, you are there for less that the required 6 months, it's possible for CIC to still require a PCC at any time if they feel it assists in making a determination on your application. I personally would get one now and avoid potential hassle later on. I know of cases where a PCC has been required for applicants who have spent a considerable time in a country, even when each visit was less than 6 months in duration.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
zardoz said:
Although, strictly speaking, you are there for less that the required 6 months, it's possible for CIC to still require a PCC at any time if they feel it assists in making a determination on your application. I personally would get one now and avoid potential hassle later on. I know of cases where a PCC has been required for applicants who have spent a considerable time in a country, even when each visit was less than 6 months in duration.
They did it to me.

JSB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
My application is almost ready now and I am planning to courier my application this week end.

1. Should I wait and include US PCC with my application package or I should send the file now and courier US PCC later (after getting one). If I delay sending the package, I am going to lose the validity of my Indian PCC. Its already 1.5 months old and is valid for another 1.5 months.

2. I am in India now. How can I apply for US PCC? can I do it online? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

3. How long it takes to obtain US PCC?

JSB

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JSB said:
My application is almost ready now and I am planning to courier my application this week end.

1. Should I wait and include US PCC with my application package or I should send the file now and courier US PCC later (after getting one). If I delay sending the package, I am going to lose the validity of my Indian PCC. Its already 1.5 months old and is valid for another 1.5 months.

2. I am in India now. How can I apply for US PCC? can I do it online? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

3. How long it takes to obtain US PCC?

JSB
You may mail in your US PCC after you get your AOR - just attach a letter saying that it takes a few months to obtain it and you will mail it in once you have it.

You can apply it by following directions from this site http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks/submitting-a-criminal-history-summary-request-to-the-fbi

You'll need to go to your local police station and ask them to do finger prints for you on the sheet you print out from the FBI website. Just fill in the application, write a short letter stating what the PCC is for (Canadian Immigration) and where they need to mail it to (your home address), and pay the fees through Credit Card

It takes about 2-3 months to get it

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It is very likely that CIC will request the FBI clearance, so I would recommend getting started...

In addition - when you fill out the form for the FBI clearance, you'll see that you have the option to have the PCC mailed to a different address than yours. If you're worried about the PCC being mailed to India, if you have a friend/family member in the USA or Canada, you can direct the FBI to mail it there.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AruninBC said:
What..it will take 2-3 months :eek: ???? I sent my request to FBI on March 11th...when will i receive the results??? If that is 2-3 months, CIC gave me only 60 days due..considering mailing time also, it seems like we can't make it by then...will FBI issue any kind of file number once they received, something like AOR??? Please suggest....
It depends on the processing time - I got mine in about 2 months so that seems to be the norm in the past. Who knows - when it comes to government agencies, they're known to be inefficient. I'd say you'll receive it sometime in May (end of April if you are lucky).

And no, they don't issue any file number. You might be able to give them a call for any updates/timetable.

JSB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
jes_ON said:
It is very likely that CIC will request the FBI clearance, so I would recommend getting started...

In addition - when you fill out the form for the FBI clearance, you'll see that you have the option to have the PCC mailed to a different address than yours. If you're worried about the PCC being mailed to India, if you have a friend/family member in the USA or Canada, you can direct the FBI to mail it there.
Thanks for all your replies. I decided to send my package now without US PCC. I will also start filling up forms/fingerprints for US PCC right away. Thanks jes_ON for mentioning about USA/Canada address. I have my friends in Canada and will ask FBI to mail my clearance to my one of my friends in Canada.

Any one having experience with www.indiafingerprinting.com especially from Bangalore? I see they have setup a branch in Bangalore recently. How much they charge? Can I have fingerprints done in 1 day?

Do I also need to submit my state clearance? I lived in Minnesota.

JSB.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AruninBC said:
So, what if i received the FBI result after 60 days of due...will CIC understand and accept the certificate and issue me PPR or simply refusal??? I think we can't do anything if FBI simply delayed, 2 months seems lot of time....btw how many days of due CIC gave you?? did u get before or after the due??? just curious, Please suggest...!!!!
For my case- I didn't wait until CIC's request to get my FBI PCC. When I was preparing for my CEC application, I was also preparing for my FBI PCC because I know I will need to send them one sooner or later. I mailed them off at the same time (to Sydney and to Virginia). By the time they emailed me my AOR (a month or so after I sent the application), I only had to wait for 1 more month for my FBI PCC.

In your case, I'd contact CIC and let them know if they can give you an extension due to your current situation. That's probably the only thing you can do right now.

JSB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
JSB said:

JSB.
Can someone pls answer my question abt Minnesota state police clearance?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
AruninBC said:
What..it will take 2-3 months :eek: ???? I sent my request to FBI on March 11th...when will i receive the results??? If that is 2-3 months, CIC gave me only 60 days due..considering mailing time also, it seems like we can't make it by then...will FBI issue any kind of file number once they received, something like AOR??? Please suggest....
If you don't think you will make the 60 day deadline, email CIC and tell them that you applied for the FBI certificate on DATE, and you will forward it as soon as you receive it. They know that the FBI Cert can take a long time. But you must contact CIC before the deadline goes by - if they don't hear from you by the deadline, they may finalize your application without the PCC (meaning, refuse...)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
JSB said:
No, but as I recall, the MN clearance was pretty easy to get (when was putting together my first application, State PCCs were required, but that was changed long ago.)