+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment to CIC reverted

five_golden

Jul 29, 2018
Hi All,

Hope to seek help or any recommendation for my case as below. Really appreciate any sharing if you come across the same situation with me

I submitted my e-APR on August 10th and made the payment by using Revolut visa card. Right away I got the confirmation AOR and the receipt of my transaction. Since then, I haven't received any other updates from CIC online account. My status is still at the stage of reviewing minimum eligibility.

This morning, I received a notification from Revolut that the payment to CIC is reverted. I've got money back to my personal account though there is still no change in my CIC. Revolut is a virtual bank, and it's really hard to reach out to them. From what I've researched, the reason is probably that CIC has not processed my payment for more than 10 days, and thus the money is automatically reverted back to my account. In other words, the money is reverted because the transaction is still pending for more than 10 days

I'm really screwed up now and don't know what I should do next. I don't know if CIC would be able to manually charge me later on or not. I don't want to cause any problem from their side to take my money. I've contacted Revolut but got no reply! I'm wondering if I should submit a web form or call CIC presenting my case...Would CIC allow me another way to make a payment?

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Pay again, don't use revolut, they're horrible. Submit a CSE with the new receipt and explain the situation.

five_golden

Jul 29, 2018
Pay again, don't use revolut, they're horrible. Submit a CSE with the new receipt and explain the situation.
Thanks for your response. But how can I pay again? That's the payment of about 1,125 CAD which includes the application fees, RPRF and biometrics fee. I assumed the only way I can pay is through the process of submitting my e-APR application...

five_golden

Jul 29, 2018
You're welcome. You said the transaction had been cancelled so you didn't pay.

Use this:

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
Thanks again for your help. To clarify, I paid, and got the receipt from CIC. However, I received the notification from Revolut that the payment is reverted this morning. I'm not sure if that means the transaction is cancelled or not. I haven't received any notification from CIC though.

I went to your website, and it says "If you are the principal applicant under Express Entry, you must pay your processing fees at the end of your online application". The option to pay there is for additional spouse or dependent :(

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
But revolut took the money back and the transaction had been cancelled. The receipt you submitted with your application has become invalid and you risk getting your application rejected for incompleteness.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Why not just do it through a regular credit card

five_golden

Jul 29, 2018
But revolut took the money back and the transaction had been cancelled. The receipt you submitted with your application has become invalid and you risk getting your application rejected for incompleteness.
That's the thing I'm really worried about. But regarding the payment again, the website you suggested wouldn't be meant for me, as I'm the principal applicant under Express Entry. Would you recommend any other way to pay again? Thanks so much

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
That's the thing I'm really worried about. But regarding the payment again, the website you suggested wouldn't be meant for me, as I'm the principal applicant under Express Entry. Would you recommend any other way to pay again? Thanks so much
Any credit card

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yea, my bad :( Revolut does have some convenience for foreign exchange. But I couldn't realize any potential issue until it came. I wish I could go back and use my normal card! :(
Not worth the hassle to save a couple of dollars.
Since payment was cancelled you ll have to pay again anyways

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yea, I have my regular card. But the point is that I don't know how I can make another payment for my original application :(
It will give you the option since the payment didnt go through. Raise a cse or wait a couple of days