+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment of PR through London from Canada.

zissou

Jul 1, 2009
Hello. I am British currently living with my Canadian common-law partner in Canada. We are nearing sending off our application for family class sponsorship and looking at the payments. It seems that we must pay Mississauga online for the sponsorship part, which is fine. I'm then having my PR application done through London, UK. They ask for a Canadian cheque to be included with the actual application.. again this is fine BUT they then go on to state that the cheque must be no older than 2 months..... how are we supposed to pay for that as i'm sure the sponsorship application will take some time to be processed. How should we go about paying for these? Thanks.. we are so close to finishing this stupid application but then there's always one more problem. Thank you.

zissou

Jul 1, 2009
As soon as I posted this i then read at the bottom of the page that "Family class: All fees must be paid by the sponsor to the Case Processing Centre in Canada, not to this visa office, even if your file has been transferred to this visa office."

So that makes things a little more straight forward. Is it for certain that the sponsor must be the one that pays? If this is the case we must wait another 2 weeks for a form as she doesn't a credit card. Great. Thank you again for your time.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
zissou said:
As soon as I posted this i then read at the bottom of the page that "Family class: All fees must be paid by the sponsor to the Case Processing Centre in Canada, not to this visa office, even if your file has been transferred to this visa office."

So that makes things a little more straight forward. Is it for certain that the sponsor must be the one that pays? If this is the case we must wait another 2 weeks for a form as she doesn't a credit card. Great. Thank you again for your time.

Anyone can pay on your behalf... you just need to make sure that your name is the one on the official receipt that you send in with your app.

You can pay online using anyones credit card... the official receipt will arrive in your email.

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
Yes, anyone can pay for it on anyone's credit card, my husband (Canadian) put the whole lot on his credit card and we sent the receipt off that way.

zissou

Jul 1, 2009
Ok. But just to confirm, as the person being sponsored, am I right in believing that I am not allowed to pay?

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
No that's not correct, anyone can pay the processing fees, you or anyone on your behalf.

What it is saying is that the fees need to be paid and the receipt sent with your sponsor's application.

IrishApplicant

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 18th 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
not requested:)
Passport Req..
Feb 5th. 2010
MandiF said:
No that's not correct, anyone can pay the processing fees, you or anyone on your behalf.

What it is saying is that the fees need to be paid and the receipt sent with your sponsor's application.
I must point out something here -

- applying Outland thru UK
- I am applicant, GF is sponsor.
- We submitted August - we put my GFs name on the sponsor fee, and MY name on the Applicant fee.
- In Sept we got a letter from CPC-M, to my GF, stating that "you have not paid your fee".
- We replied with a letter saying it was an a honest mistake, we thought that an applicant should pay for his own application, to show financial capability and etc. We attached the receipt copy to show payment.

Now, two things could have happened:
1. They lost the receipt.
Possible - but a cursory check of the system would show we had paid the full amount
2. They don't like the applicant 'paying their way in'.
This point has been raised and noted several times in this forum.

So, YES any one can physically pay the fee, but on the RECEIPT you should have the sponsors name, for Both receipts.

Perhaps a senior forum member can weigh and correct me if I'm wrong?

IA