+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment of Permanent Residence Fee requested

cmk2

Oct 3, 2006
Folks,my dear PMM,

I have reached the stage where the permanent residence fee is being requested. I wish I had paid this in advance but nevertheless, this is the stage where now I am sending in my fee for the permanent residence fee under spousal sponsorship. I guess this is a good sign.If anyone knows what usually happens after and its timeline, please let me know.
For your information, I am now into my 3rd month since file was received at the London CHC.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cmk2 said:
Folks,my dear PMM,

I have reached the stage where the permanent residence fee is being requested. I wish I had paid this in advance but nevertheless, this is the stage where now I am sending in my fee for the permanent residence fee under spousal sponsorship. I guess this is a good sign.If anyone knows what usually happens after and its timeline, please let me know.
For your information, I am now into my 3rd month since file was received at the London CHC.
If they have requested the RPRF, then they are most likely ready to issue the passport request.

PMM

R K Mehta

May 5, 2007
cmk2 said:
Folks,my dear PMM,

Hi
Generally permanent residence fee and original passport are are asked for simultaneously. That means that pending medical scrutiny, visa is about to be issued. What about your passport, have they asked for it? In any case, asking for PR fee is definitely a good sign and encouragingly positive news. Pay the PR fee and wait hopefully. All will be well.
R K Mehta

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM and RK Mehta are too optimistic. In my experience London asks for the permanent residence fee (assuming it has not been paid upfront) soon after starting to process the application, not just before the end of the process. In my case the processing started in August, the fee was asked for in September, it was paid the day I received the request and since then no further info at all.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
wowsers said:
PMM and RK Mehta are too optimistic. In my experience London asks for the permanent residence fee (assuming it has not been paid upfront) soon after starting to process the application, not just before the end of the process. In my case the processing started in August, the fee was asked for in September, it was paid the day I received the request and since then no further info at all.
PMM and RK Mehta's comments are from five years ago. At that time (and also when my husband went through the process in 2010) the RPRF request was typically the signal that the file had been approved. In recent years, CIC has started requesting this fee much earlier in the process.

Jenny88

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 26, 2013
Med's Done....
April 20, 2013
Passport Req..
March 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 25, 2014
Yes I applied for residency in November 2012 and they requested medicals and RPRF in March 2013.....we did the medicals and sent payment and docs in April 2013. Since we have heard nothing at all....I sent them a case specific enquiry and they replied this last week;

Please be advised that our office received your documents and your file is currently in a queue, awaiting review by an Immigration Officer.
Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with your application until this review is complete.
It is likely that your file will be reviewed early in the new year.
Sincerely,

EFL
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Telephone/Telephone 0207 2586600
Facsimile/Telecopieur 0207 2586506
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
Twitter: @CanadianUK | @CanadienRU

I am now thinking errrr why did you send a request for medicals so early in the process. It is now November and the medicals will expire in 5 months. My timeline seems to be very backwards!

On eCAS all it says is
1. Application Received November 2012
2. Medical Results Received.

Nothing else at all!!! (I did receive email to say they got my application and it was being sent to London office).

Can anyone shed any light on 1. the premature request for medicals and 2. lack of updates on eCAS