+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paying the RPRF before getting SA (outland app got sent to Ottawa)

lovelywhite7

May 10, 2016
Hi

My husband who is the one applying for PR got an email from CPC-Ottawa a couple of days ago, which requested that we pay the RPRF and provide additional proof of relationship. This is weird as I have not even received the SA. On top of that, we applied OUTLAND so I don't know why the Ottawa office is looking at our application. It is supposed to be sent to Manila.

Can someone provide clarification?

Thanks!!

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
lovelywhite7 said:
Hi

My husband who is the one applying for PR got an email from CPC-Ottawa a couple of days ago, which requested that we pay the RPRF and provide additional proof of relationship. This is weird as I have not even received the SA. On top of that, we applied OUTLAND so I don't know why the Ottawa office is looking at our application. It is supposed to be sent to Manila.

Can someone provide clarification?

Thanks!!
Ottawa has been doing some Outland applications for other VOs to include New Delhi and I guess Manila. So I suggest you send in the requested proof and RPRF ASAP as you will likely get a DM soon

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
Stuntxd9 said:
Ottawa has been doing some Outland applications for other VOs to include New Delhi and I guess Manila. So I suggest you send in the requested proof and RPRF ASAP as you will likely get a DM soon
Where did you see that Ottawa is processing applications from New Delhi VO? I know Ottawa processes outland applications from some VOs but not New Delhi.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Ottawa processes some outland applications. In general, this is a good thing, because that office is very fast.
I would pay the RPRF now. Any delay in paying it will delay processing. In addition, if they refuse the application, the RPRF is refundable. And not everyone gets notified that they were approved as a sponsor. That is, you might have been approved as the sponsor, but not have been notified of it yet.

Marulara

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
03-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
IP - March 3, DM - March 11, PPR - March 14
VISA ISSUED...
March 17,2017
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time - April 9,2017
Does Ottawa process outland applications for applicants coming from visa exempt countries only? Or do they also process applicants from non-visa exempt countries?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Marulara said:
Does Ottawa process outland applications for applicants coming from visa exempt countries only? Or do they also process applicants from non-visa exempt countries?
mostly visa exempt, however it has been known to also process non-visa exempt applications, specifically for those who applied outland and have current, legal temporary status in canada (ie: work/study visa). It is very random how the files are picked. there's no guarantee someone who is in canada on a temp permit will have the application sent to ottawa. CIC has also been known to do dual processing for "non-complicated" applications in ottawa and mississauga for outland applications. again, no one can say for sure how those files are picked.

lovelywhite7

May 10, 2016
I thought I'd ask another question.

Where do we send the additional documents they have requested?

Can we send it by mail?

This is the email they send us:

Dear Name:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø XXXXXXXX - Name:

RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada

Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member Please provide additional documents proving your relationship with your sponsor. This includes but is not limited to: outing and wedding pictures, e-mail exchanges, cards, identity documents showing same address, insurance policies, wills, anything naming your partner as beneficiary, documents showing travel together, documents showing joint ownership of possessions, joint mortgage/loan/rental agreement/bank accounts, etc.

You can pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee online by visiting: website. Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please send the receipt with your application number in the title to the following email address. Please note that the RPRF ($490 per adult) is separate from the processing fees ($550 per adult and $150 per child) which were paid at the time of submitting the application.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title.

Please note:

· Any documents submitted which are not in English or French must be accompanied by a notarized translation in either English or French.

· Please send us scanned versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned.

· Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

It doesn't say we can send it by email but it does say they accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.

Help!

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
lovelywhite7 said:
I thought I'd ask another question.

Where do we send the additional documents they have requested?

Can we send it by mail?

This is the email they send us:

Dear Name:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø XXXXXXXX - Name:

RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada

Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member Please provide additional documents proving your relationship with your sponsor. This includes but is not limited to: outing and wedding pictures, e-mail exchanges, cards, identity documents showing same address, insurance policies, wills, anything naming your partner as beneficiary, documents showing travel together, documents showing joint ownership of possessions, joint mortgage/loan/rental agreement/bank accounts, etc.

You can pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee online by visiting: website. Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please send the receipt with your application number in the title to the following email address. Please note that the RPRF ($490 per adult) is separate from the processing fees ($550 per adult and $150 per child) which were paid at the time of submitting the application.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title.

Please note:

· Any documents submitted which are not in English or French must be accompanied by a notarized translation in either English or French.

· Please send us scanned versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned.

· Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

It doesn't say we can send it by email but it does say they accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.

Help!
They just told you to send the information by email so do so.

When I was sending additional information, I looked for a software that enabled me to reduce the size of the documents. e.g. I used smallpdf.com to reduce the size of my PDF documents but still ensured they were legible. There are other software out there for jpeg etc. Then I checked the properties of the documents to ensure the total was less than 5MB and sent it.