+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paying Right of Permanent Residence fee

Lynnekovan

Sep 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, We've been in the sponsorship system for some time. We received the approval of myself (a Canadian citizen) as sponsor three months ago. Now my husband who I am sponsoring is required to have further police checks both from France and the US where he has previously lived (he had no criminal record anywhere). We did the UK one when we first sent to application. They have also asked me to pay $490 Cdn for Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Is this in addition to the original application fee of £550 I paid 6 months ago? Also, how can I pay this on line? I'd be grateful for any advice so I can sort this out quickly,

Kind regards,
Lynne

sarinavene

Nov 25, 2011
Hi Lynne,

Yes, the 550 is additional to the application fee you paid - they are two separate fees, and you can pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee online by going to the CIC website and clicking "I Need to...pay application fees" and it will walk you throught it. You should be able to print off a receipt, and I would suggest faxing it to your respective visa office as the quickest method.