+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paying for fees online..Payment denied?

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Hello! My wife and I tried to pay the 1040$ fee for PR/Spouse sponsorship online to print out the receipt and include it with our paper application..but it got denied and we don't know why. She's using a BMO debit card and the correct amount is on the card and all the info was correct when we entered it in and we're just stuck on what to do since we don't know what the issue is.

Sometheway

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hello! My wife and I tried to pay the 1040$ fee for PR/Spouse sponsorship online to print out the receipt and include it with our paper application..but it got denied and we don't know why. She's using a BMO debit card and the correct amount is on the card and all the info was correct when we entered it in and we're just stuck on what to do since we don't know what the issue is.
The CIC only accept credit card only, that's why you getting denied payment.

Reactions: jmc1974

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
All the debit card in Canada can also be used as "Visa/Mastercard" depending on which bank you are using. They worked as pre-paid credit card. The problem is many online payment systems don't recognize them as a proper credit card, thus creating that denial.

matchamochi

Sep 11, 2019
There may also be a daily limit on the debit card. $1000 seems to be the default limit for most banks when you first open your account. If you don’t spend that much per day, it can easily be looked over and forgotten about.