+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pay tax

Elnakeeb

Apr 1, 2014
Hello everyone,
I'm landing with my husband next month, for proof of funds, I have read that we don't need to carry the whole amount in cash. Can it be a combination of cash and gold coins? Or r we going to pay tax on that?

Thnx

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Elnakeeb said:
Hello everyone,
I'm landing with my husband next month, for proof of funds, I have read that we don't need to carry the whole amount in cash. Can it be a combination of cash and gold coins? Or r we going to pay tax on that?

Thnx
There is no tax on money imported/exported from Canada, you have to declare any funds over $10K though. Much simpler to carry TCs, Demand Draft, wire transfer or proof of funds in a convertible currency from your overseas bank.

Elnakeeb

Apr 1, 2014
Thanks for the tips. We are coming from Iran, I do know if we gt proof of funds from there, would that be accepted in Canada or not?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Elnakeeb said:
Thanks for the tips. We are coming from Iran, I do know if we gt proof of funds from there, would that be accepted in Canada or not?
Probably not, since it is almost impossible to transfer funds from Iran to Canada under the UN and Canadian sanctions. http://www.international.gc.ca/sanctions/iran.aspx