+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pay stubs

Jul 19, 2018
Hi all,

I apologize if these questions have been discussed before:

1. How necessary are pay stubs for previous employments while applying for the FSW program? Would official employment letters be enough?
2. If they are necessary, how many months of pay stubs is recommended?
3. I am currently working as a contract agent and so do not have any pay stubs from my current employer until I get an assignment, and may most probably not have one by the time I submit my documents. Will this be an issue?

Thanks!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi all,

I apologize if these questions have been discussed before:

1. How necessary are pay stubs for previous employments while applying for the FSW program? Would official employment letters be enough?
2. If they are necessary, how many months of pay stubs is recommended?
3. I am currently working as a contract agent and so do not have any pay stubs from my current employer until I get an assignment, and may most probably not have one by the time I submit my documents. Will this be an issue?

Thanks!
Not necessary but wont harm if you attach
if you want last 3-6 months you can attach
if you previous work ex meets the requirement(you can claim max points for 3 yrs foreign experience) you can move this contract job to personal history folder as well

Jul 19, 2018
Not necessary but wont harm if you attach
if you want last 3-6 months you can attach
if you previous work ex meets the requirement(you can claim max points for 3 yrs foreign experience) you can move this contract job to personal history folder as well
Thanks for the response! By moving the contract job to the personal history folder, what does that change exactly? Will that role not be considered for work experience points? I ask this because it is mandatory to report your current job if I am not mistaken.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for the response! By moving the contract job to the personal history folder, what does that change exactly? Will that role not be considered for work experience points? I ask this because it is mandatory to report your current job if I am not mistaken.
-If you are a FSW you need 12 months/1 yr continuous and full time (30 hrs/week) work ex to qualify.
-Now having said that you get max points for foreign work ex for only 3 yrs only.
-With your contract work it is not continuous for a 1 yr hence I am suggesting you to move it to the personal history, you will not be needed to provide any documentation for it(reference letter etc.). You are reporting your current job, but are unable to claim any points for it because it is not completed 1 yr.

Last edited: